What's new

Loosening The Pivot Pin

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Currently this question is a hypothetical. I know how to tighten a pivot pin "hinge". What happens if I over tighten it. How can you loosen a pivot pin hinge arrangement?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
You are kind of just stuck with it until it wears in. Eventually you will get enough wear on the inner face of the scales at the pivot, and compression of the scales, and all will be right. Important thing is to always be aware of the risk of over peening.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
You are kind of just stuck with it until it wears in. Eventually you will get enough wear on the inner face of the scales at the pivot, and compression of the scales, and all will be right. Important thing is to always be aware of the risk of over peening.
Salamat po. I am very aware of the risk of over peening. So far I have not suffered that problem. My reason for asking was a just-in-case question.

Currently this question is a hypothetical. I know how to tighten a pivot pin "hinge". What happens if I over tighten it. How can you loosen a pivot pin hinge arrangement?
How do you tighten them. Or just snug it up a little bit. My King Cutter is a touch loose for my liking. The scales are Buffalo Horn.

39C27D18-8D49-4F70-B94E-6138532DB8D2.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
How do you tighten them. Or just snug it up a little bit. My King Cutter is a touch loose for my liking. The scales are Buffalo Horn.

View attachment 1184489

Top Bottom