What's new

Looks like we have a B&B Storefront!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
***MOD EDIT: Please read this post regarding The Badger & Blade Barbershop pictured below. They are not affiliated with Badger & Blade and have not been given permission to use our name or likeness***

I found this on google maps... who is going to be the first to go there?

Which of our esteemed moderators operate a Barbershop on the side??

2021-11-10 19_38_43-The Badger and Blade - Google Maps.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Badger & Blade was established in 2005. As best I can tell, these people appropriating the name and likeness popped up a few years ago.

They are NOT in any way endorsed by Badger & Blade, nor did they receive any approval to use our name and likeness.

I have never been there, so I can’t speak to the quality of their work, but I would be very leery about letting someone hold a straight razor to my neck that has no problem breaking ethical norms (and possibly international trademark and copyright law).

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It may just be an honest mistake. Perhaps they should be contacted and the error of their ways pointed out to them.

oh boy. Maybe this establishment is paying for the logo's or the owner is a principle. We don't know, yet.

Last edited:
What’s even worse is that a design business used those graphics to create the vinyl lettering and logo. They should have known better.

What’s even worse is that a design business used those graphics to create the vinyl lettering and logo. They should have known better.
My company had to buy the copyright to use the picture for that kind of vinyl wrap for their storefront window. No company would do it without those rights.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
oh boy. Maybe this establishment is paying for the logo's or the owner is a principle. We don't know, yet.
Uh,... No.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Badger & Blade was established in 2005. As best I can tell, these people appropriating the name and likeness popped up a few years ago.

They are NOT in any way endorsed by Badger & Blade, nor did they receive any approval to use our name and likeness.

I have never been there, so I can’t speak to the quality of their work, but I would be very leery about letting someone hold a straight razor to my neck that has no problem breaking ethical norms (and possibly international trademark and copyright law).

I know this post is way off topic but the exact same thing happened near where I live, so I just wanted to share it as a matter of the concept.

There was an Indian restaurant that blatantly ripped off the brand name of a woman’s dress shop. Subsequently the restaurant had the fascia taken down due to the copyright infringement. Here are a couple of pics.

Jason.

Attachments

• 22A1153D-F506-47FD-846A-A25AC0981BB1.jpeg
    22A1153D-F506-47FD-846A-A25AC0981BB1.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 7699754A-25AD-4BFA-B157-8B79B2D678F9.jpeg
    7699754A-25AD-4BFA-B157-8B79B2D678F9.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 10
I know this post is way off topic but the exact same thing happened near where I live, so I just wanted to share it as a matter of the concept.

Jason.
Perhaps not as off topic as it seems. Given the barber shop looks to be in the UK (0117 being the area code for Bristol and the sign for Coral Bookmakers being visible), there is precident in UK law about enforcing brand ownership.

I'm not a solicitor, but would assume the same principle applies here.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Does anyone know if this website even is trademarked and copyrighted? I would assume so but I do not actually know.

Unfortunately, if it is not already protected, I fear we will have little recourse.

Top Bottom