What's new

Looks like The Perfumed Court has split up

I hate to post rumors on half info but based on the thread at basenotes, my take is that some of the suppliers (2 of the 3 women who comprise the TPC site) have gone on to create their own decant site called surrendertochance.com.

What does this mean? I'm not sure. But my take is that perhaps some of the perfumes previously available on TPC will now instead be through this new site, while some of the TPC inventory will remain with the TPC site.

If anyone has more info on this, please add. Specifics of the players in this (Diane, Lisa, Patty who supplied the decants from TPC, which is why the decants would often come in different packages from different parts of the country even on a single order) is detailed in the thread below.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/298394-What-s-up-at-The-Perfumed-Court

LOL erickson.

One of the ladies from STC posted this, giving more details on the situation:
http://perfumeposse.com/2012/04/04/...-thing-patty-surrender-to-chance-demystified/

Bottom line this is good and bad for us.
Good- perhaps more competition means more competitive pricing, as these two companies try to get our decant $. Perhaps even better service (my main complaint with TPC wasn't prices as much as the high variability in delay of getting frags....in which one order of multiple frags often led to one decant arriving within 5 days and another on same order arriving 2-3 weeks later!).

Bad- Less one stop shopping, as I'm sure some of the inventory on TPC will now switch to STC. That means more separate purchases, potentially.

If you were signed up for the TPC newsletter, you should have already received an email from Surrender to Chance with a working link to the new site. And the new site is very nice. Just don't know why I can't get to it except from their latest email link.

I have not ordered from TPC for the simple reason that their prices seem absurdly high. A 5ml decant is often 1/4 the price of a bottle.

I bought a couple of items from Perfumed Court. They have a very good selection but their prices are sky high, I always wondered how old the stock must be since they seem to mainly sell small decants (for about 1/4 full bottle price as Matt said).

I've been getting the emails as they're site has been rolling online, but haven't had the time to check them out yet. It will be interesting to see how things are once it all settles down...

I bought a couple of items from Perfumed Court. They have a very good selection but their prices are sky high, I always wondered how old the stock must be since they seem to mainly sell small decants (for about 1/4 full bottle price as Matt said).

They have an amazing selection but I simply cannot justify paying those prices. It is almost worth blind buying with such high decant prices. I think that some of their sample packs are hilarious...$50 for a few vials with 1/2ml in each. Seriously! I am just glad we have Archefire as a vendor here. Granted, he does not have the selection of TPC, but he still a lot to choose from at very, very fair prices. I just placed my 3rd order with him. (Sometimes I wonder how he is making money after the cost of the atomizers).

As for the stock.....perfume should last about 3 years in stable conditions. Is this correct?

They have an amazing selection but I simply cannot justify paying those prices. It is almost worth blind buying with such high decant prices. I think that some of their sample packs are hilarious...$50 for a few vials with 1/2ml in each. Seriously! I am just glad we have Archefire as a vendor here. Granted, he does not have the selection of TPC, but he still a lot to choose from at very, very fair prices. I just placed my 3rd order with him. (Sometimes I wonder how he is making money after the cost of the atomizers).

As for the stock.....perfume should last about 3 years in stable conditions. Is this correct?

Support all of your dedicated, hard-working B&B vendors! <g> I think it is tough to make much margin selling decants. The inventory costs much be high for one thing.

On the other hand, I have been surprised that there are not more decanters out there in the general realm of the internet. All the better for the B&B folks, I suppose!

I, too, have felt that TPC's prices were breathtaking, but some far the surrender to chance prices do not seem low. Hard to compare. I had not checked out TPC's prices for a while and did not go over there now.

No telling from a far what causes a partnership to end. I thought the speculation in that thread seems kind of over the top, unless someone knows something they are not disclosing to the public.

Ahhh the psychologist part of me really wants to start analyzing what you guys see (grin). It's like a rorschach for fragrances!!

Top Bottom