What's new

Looking to upgrade, need advice

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Agreed. My beard is not even dense or course, and the GC68 on one day’s growth won’t give me a BBS. The GC84, on the other hand, will give me a BBS and feel just as smooth doing it as the GC68.

The RR GC .68 has negative blade exposure. The RR GC .84 has neutral blade exposure with increased blade gap.

GC .68

RazoRock GC68.png

RR GC .84

RazoRock GC84.png

Don't know what your face is like but if you have a dense beard the GC 0.68 will not shave you to BBS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I agree. I just bought both the .68 and .84 GC. If your beard and skin are on the lighter and more sensitive sides, the .68 is great. But if you are on the other side of the spectrum, the .84 is probably the better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I’m not a person that wants to rotate the best shave I’ve ever had for me, with what I’d consider inferior shaves.

I completely sympathize! I recently "fell into" an ATT S2 (all stainless open-comb slant DE) and discovered a razor that gives me an excellent shave in my conditions. Having it during "SLANTember" and now "OCtober" is just a bonus. [grin] It's not the only razor I have that gives me a shave with that level of wonderfulness, but it's one of them. Some of the others, as I've remarked elsewhere, get used occasionally to remind me why I don't use them all the time. I've also noticed that with some time for reflection a razor that didn't spin my toque may just need a little technique tweak to bring out its best qualities.

O.H.

I've been using the Merkur 34C exclusively since I started DE shaving

Me to.
I started DE shaving in 1980.
The first 20 years I used a Gillette Fat boy from 2000 and on I use daily a 34c.
You are already there, there's absolutely no need to "upgrade".
And of course there's nothing wrong with the "longevity" of the 34c and the 19 years of daily shaving proves it.

Top Bottom