What's new

Looking to "spike" Dickinson's Witch Hazel. Thoughts? Suggestions?

My initial inclination is towards tea tree oil. I need to use something that will not only improve the fragrance of the Dickinson's, but also be good for my face.

If I don't do something soon, I won't do anything at all. The smell of straight Dickinson's is starting to grow on me, believe it or not...

I'd say consider switching to Thayers toners--many different scents available.

Except that Thayers and Dickinson's are entirely different beasts. As Mark Twain might say, it's the difference between the lightening bug and the lightening. One is not a substitute for the other.

That burnt-plastic smell is horrendous. I'd shell out for Thayer's; it is an amazing product (at least the Medicated SuperHazel is).

Yeah, for what it's worth, I don't really want to get away from full strength witch hazel. I know the Thayer's is a witch hazel "toner," and that many of you guys love it, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for at this point.

I use Dickinson and I "spike" it with Peppermint Essential Oil. It doesn't completely mask the smell, but as close as I have gotten and the cooling effect is very nice.
I have also used a few other EOs like Lavender and Sandalwood and they do a nice job toning down the smell.

Even with the smell I would not give up my Dickinson for Thayers.

I may be crazy but I actually like the smell of Dickinsons so I dont spike it, but I know a few people that use tea tree oil...

Top Bottom