What's new

Looking to Replace Two Razors

-1 Sorry isn't going to happen. Using someone else's razor just creeps me out. Maybe not rational, but as long as I can get a new razor, I'm not going to use what is probably now some dead guy's razor. And that's not going to change.

Is it the dead guy thing? Or just germaphobia?
A possible solution is get a likely desirable vintage razor replated.

Is it the dead guy thing? Or just germaphobia?
A possible solution is get a likely desirable vintage razor replated.

It's a dead guy thing.
It's a germaphobe thing.
It's an I like shiny new stuff thing.
It's an I don't want to deal with the off chance I get a broken razor with no recourse with the seller thing.

Quit trying to convince me to go vintage. It's not going to happen.

When I wrote restored razor I actually meant as in replated and practically brand new from Delta Echo Razors but not from eBay. But later you mentioned your budget. I never used a Rockwell 6s or C but I think that's your safest choice unless you up your budget.

There are plenty of good new razors out there, but I cannot rate them, as I haven't used them. The price range seems to be pretty broad, so with research you should be able to find a good choice. Happy hunting!

Thanks for the info, my understanding the RazoRock Mentor is the same or very similar to the V3A and is probably the way I'll go, unless I get some positive info about the Fendrihan MkIIs or some really intriguing suggestions for something else. I know a lot of people on here love vintage razors, but for some reason I'm not really taken by vintage. I may do some research on the Schone OC and Muhle R41 before I make a decision.

The MK. II is marginally more aggressive than the Maggard V3A. It's one of my favorites. I've had no blade alignment problems, and the head is as long as the blades, so you don't have the end of the blade sticking out. The closest shave I've ever gotten came with that razor and a Derby Extra, narrowly beating out the previous record holder which was a 1940's Ball End Tech with a Feather blade.

The MK. II is marginally more aggressive than the Maggard V3A. It's one of my favorites. I've had no blade alignment problems, and the head is as long as the blades, so you don't have the end of the blade sticking out. The closest shave I've ever gotten came with that razor and a Derby Extra, narrowly beating out the previous record holder which was a 1940's Ball End Tech with a Feather blade.

Thanks. I may give that a go.

Get the R41 and make sure you don't shave off your
proxy.php

Top Bottom