What's new

Looking to get into Tea..... is Teavana any good?

The Teavana shops are popping up all over my area. I have stopped in and sampled some of the tea they have and even bought some cups to go. Is Teavana a good place to buy Tea or are there cheaper places out there? Thanks

Good tea is online.

HouDe
Jas-etea
Yunnan Sourcing
Upton
Teasource
Floating Leaves
Sanshui
Jing Tea Shop
O-cha
Den's

That should cover all of your needs. Now you just need to find out what tea you actually like.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Prepare yourself for the Teavana hate about to be unleashed.
Their software isn't any good and it's over priced - I agree you can buy it cheaper elsewhere, and they seem to have an abundance of yuppie, fruity teas, but they have a few, and if you are just thinking of getting into it, they are not the Devil.

Their Hardware is over priced - I can't argue with this one. They are convenient, but you will pay dearly for that convenience. Some folks like to hold something in their hand before they buy it, and if you are that type, and don't mind the extra money spent - it's your money.

Prepare yourself for the Teavana hate about to be unleashed.
Their software isn't any good and it's over priced - I agree you can buy it cheaper elsewhere, and they seem to have an abundance of yuppie, fruity teas, but they have a few, and if you are just thinking of getting into it, they are not the Devil.

Their Hardware is over priced - I can't argue with this one. They are convenient, but you will pay dearly for that convenience. Some folks like to hold something in their hand before they buy it, and if you are that type, and don't mind the extra money spent - it's your money.

Well put, Phil.

To say that folks don't seem to recommend Teavana would be a gross understatement.

Thanks for the input. There is a Teavana 10 mins from me, you can't get anymore convenient than that but I did see their prices when I was there, kettles, teas etc were way up there. As for the type of Tea I was looking for, I guess I could say more of the immune system boosting ones, if that makes any sense.

on occassion, i will grab something from teavana as i walk by, an impulse buy and don't want to wait.

someone is recommending them as they seem to be doing OK, market-wise.. i see them opening new stores in quite a few places

teavana seems to be the gateway that introduces people to the world of tea and for that am grateful.

I have something good to say- their samples are very good and sweet. In a couple of their stores I have encountered very pushy sales staff, almost uncomfortably so but still fun to look around.

I have something good to say- their samples are very good and sweet. In a couple of their stores I have encountered very pushy sales staff, almost uncomfortably so but still fun to look around.

So it would be the Art of Shaving of Tea shops?:001_tt2:

So it would be the Art of Shaving of Tea shops?:001_tt2:
This is actually a pretty good comparison haha. They have both of these at Northpark mall in Dallas. My wife and I went to both, and were followed around the entire time in both stores. I can still feel the breath on the back of my neck.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You can get some decent tea and you'll pay a hefty price, so you'll have to decide for yourself if that constitutes value.

Their "professional" staff is unfamiliar with any tea I ever mentioned to them. I did have some fun there once, when my daughter said to the salesperson, "Oh, boy. You're going to get it now."

Top Bottom