What's new

Looking To Buy a Flea Market Razor? Look Here!

I ran a cross a Goetz Star straight razor travel set in a pawn shop. The travel set was a green vinyl bag with leather strop and a hone. The razor was inside a plastic coffin. The razor had red rust from finger prints in two locations on the blade. The scales were semi transparent. I'm thinking that it might clean up. What would be the value on a complete set like this in very poor condition?
MM879

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Valuations are not allowed here, but I would suggest taking a look at the big auction site and do a search on the completed auctions. That should give you a good idea of what it's worth.

Valuations are not allowed here, but I would suggest taking a look at the big auction site and do a search on the completed auctions. That should give you a good idea of what it's worth.
Thank you, I wasn't aware of this rule. I'm not really interested in the $monetary value, but in value of a functional shaver. I understand that many vintage straights can’t be reconditioned or is not worth it. I'm not experienced in straights.

MM879

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thank you, I wasn't aware of this rule. I'm not really interested in the $monetary value, but in value of a functional shaver. I understand that many vintage straights can’t be reconditioned or is not worth it. I'm not experienced in straights.

MM879
Do you have a pic of the razor?

Honed out toe
proxy.php

proxy.php
Sorry Doc but the pictures didn't come through at least on this side , it's just a couple blank squares with x 's through them.

Sorry Doc but the pictures didn't come through at least on this side , it's just a couple blank squares with x 's through them.

That was from 2013, I was using photobucket at that time, they have since stopped hosting pictures on forums unless you pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom