What's new

Looking forward to my new ATT Windsor Pro razor

Now that I've used my new ATT Windsor Pro a few times, I have to say it really gives a nice shave. It's smooth but it has just the right amount of blade feel. It shaves very close but without irritation.
When they made this Calypso in aluminum model SB90 they really hit the nail on the head. I love the way it shaves.

ATT Windsor Pro.JPG

The stainless version is an excellent razor. :)

My suggestion is to also grab one of the CR1 and/or CH1 copper baseplates, while you can. Might have to check the returns to get one.

I pressed the trigger on this setup today. A Windsor pro ss and a cr1 in the returns section.

I posted on one of your sotd threads about the difference between the sb90 and the ch1 plate as both have (nearly) the same gap.

Past three days digging my shave with yhe classic H1 setup and getting some fantastic smooth shaves. Hence curious if I will miss something by not having a ch1 plate with yhe Windsor pro setup.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I pressed the trigger on this setup today. A Windsor pro ss and a cr1 in the returns section.

I posted on one of your sotd threads about the difference between the sb90 and the ch1 plate as both have (nearly) the same gap.

Past three days digging my shave with yhe classic H1 setup and getting some fantastic smooth shaves. Hence curious if I will miss something by not having a ch1 plate with yhe Windsor pro setup.

Excellent! I look forward to your comparison! :)

I like having both the CH1 and CR1 to match up to my particular shaving mood. :cool:

I got a bbs shave in one pass with touch ups with mine, and also a star chart of tiny nicks on my sissy skin! It was so smooth though it didn’t feel like that was happening! Found out when I was done, still not much irritation! Great razor, and drop dead Gorgeous in black, but I’m exchanging it for an M plate to go with my R plate on my polished windor. The SSR1 is the tip top of my aggression scale. You can’t go wrong super smooth and aggressive at the same time!

Looking forward to your impressions of the CR1. :)
Had a couple shaves with the CR plate...very smooth in the Windsor Pro razor...quite mild but does the job... less blade feel than I like....
The problem I have is that I tend to overshave with razors that are very mild and end up with more razor burn usually.

I never have that problem with the blackland blackbird

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Had a couple shaves with the CR plate...very smooth in the Windsor Pro razor...quite mild but does the job... less blade feel than I like....
The problem I have is that I tend to overshave with razors that are very mild and end up with more razor burn usually.

I never have that problem with the blackland blackbird

There is always the CH1 to bump up the efficiency. ;)

I do love my Blackland Blackbirds. The Ti Blackbird is my current preferred Blackbird. :)

I know 'the problem', every time I go milder than used to I have a hard time to quit the BBS-obsession. That's why some say an aggressive razor is a milder option in the end.

But as he said:

There is always the CH1 to bump up the efficiency. ;)

Just get the H-plate. It doesn't give you more blade feel than the R, but it's much more efficient. And I very quickly came to love the rigid way the Windsor holds the blade, which is where the muted blade feel originates from in combination with the low blade reveal. For me the Windsor SSH1 (SSCH1) is my perfect razor.

210409_14181-Above-The-Tie-Windsor_w_plates.jpg

I know 'the problem', every time I go milder than used to I have a hard time to quit the BBS-obsession. That's why some say an aggressive razor is a milder option in the end.

But as he said:

Just get the H-plate. It doesn't give you more blade feel than the R, but it's much more efficient. And I very quickly came to love the rigid way the Windsor holds the blade, which is where the muted blade feel originates from in combination with the low blade reveal. For me the Windsor SSH1 (SSCH1) is my perfect razor.

View attachment 1261636
I have the SB90 that came with the Windsor pro and love that....will the CH plate not be similar...they seem to have similar gaps

I have the SB90 that came with the Windsor pro and love that....will the CH plate not be similar...they seem to have similar gaps

I find the SB90 that came with my aluminum Windsor Pro to be perfect. Just the right amount of razor feel yet still very smooth.
This is the best razor I ever owned so far. They (ATT) said it was designed for a medium heavy beard.

The Windsor Pro SS as is, just perfect. I also enjoy different aggression levels by altering the CM1, CR1 & CH1 with Windsor Pro Aluminum (the weight, balance and shave for me is excellent).

Attachments

• Windso Pro Aluminum.jpeg
    Windso Pro Aluminum.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 11
The Windsor Pro SS as is, just perfect. I also enjoy different aggression levels by altering the CM1, CR1 & CH1 with Windsor Pro Aluminum (the weight, balance and shave for me is excellent).

So you use the Windsor Pro SS with a Copper base plate. Sounds like an interesting combo. These Windsor Pro razors are just the best IMO.

Last edited:
So you use the Windsor Pro SS with a Copper base plate. Sounds like an interesting combo. These Windsor Pro razors are just the best IMO.
I do use the Pro SS with the copper plates, but find myself prefer to use the Pro aluminum with the copper plates. For some reason they become more efficient! The mild copper plate (CM1) when used with the Pro SS is smooth but efficiency wise not for me, when used with the Pro aluminum it gives a decent shave. Another positive point for me, the copper plate adds some weight to the aluminum Pro razor.
Since I already have the copper plates & handle, I ordered a windsor ss cap. Think it will be a better match for the plates :)

ATT razors are high end, their designs are the fruit of an enormous experience which delivered such beautiful efficient smooth razors.

Top Bottom