What's new

Looking Forward to Morning and an Old Shaving Video.

I've been enjoying shaving with my Trac II Deluxe razor the past couple of weeks, but I've got the itch to break out the DE again. I've got my pre-war Canadian Tech all loaded up with a Feather for tomorrow's shave. I can't wait for morning to come so I can have a nice shave.

Trying to ward off the energizing effects of my wife's oatmeal chocolate cookies, I cam across an old shaving video I saw when I first began DE shaving. I thought I'd post it for posterity's sake. Enjoy, and have a nice shave in the morning gents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was an interesting video. How long ago was it made? We shop at Bed, Bath and Beyond all of the time. I never knew that they were around that long to have .99 ten packs of Gillette blades. I found it interesting that he never made any reference to multi-pass shaves. I know that neither my Grandfather or Father ever did more than one, at least when I was around. If you have not seen it, when the video was finished, several other videos came up. Watch the one with the old guy who has the goatee. He uses a three pass technique.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that - very enjoyable to watch.
And yeah - I guess with even a half decent technique, a single WTG pass should give a very presentable shave.
Probably most of our forefathers were'nt concerned with BBS, but more with the practical issues of looking presentable by the standards of their day as quickly and efficiently as possible.
It's really interesting how in modern times, some of us have taken the daily necessity of shaving and found it transformed into a great pleasure and personal journey, as this forum bears witness.
It's got some similarities with the zen tea ceremony there...

To be fair, I've found that a good single pass shave with my DE is about equal in smoothness to my 5-blade cartridge razor.... with a lot less irritation.

Wow, that was an interesting video. How long ago was it made? We shop at Bed, Bath and Beyond all of the time. I never knew that they were around that long to have .99 ten packs of Gillette blades. I found it interesting that he never made any reference to multi-pass shaves. I know that neither my Grandfather or Father ever did more than one, at least when I was around. If you have not seen it, when the video was finished, several other videos came up. Watch the one with the old guy who has the goatee. He uses a three pass technique.

Steve Faragher? His videos are fun to watch.

Oh, it was a rough shave this morning gents. I don't know what it is, but lately every DE shave I have leaves my face feeling beat up, and it's not as close as I get with the Trac II.

I get a kick out of re-watching the shave videos, too. Even if I have seen one ten times, I can still pick up some info from it.

Top Bottom