What's new

Looking for Woodsy Scents

Hey all. Kinda sorta new here. Been searching but haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I'm looking for a woodsy aftershave and/or cologne. I have Barberry Coast Himalayan Ascent which I love the scent, but the aftershave is expensive (almost $40) and I find the cologne doesn't last very long. I also have Barberry Coast Havana which I like, but again, the aftershave is expensive and the cologne doesn't last very long. I also have Clubman Whiskey Woods, but don't love it. I've tried MNSC Mountain Man and Bay Rum, and neither one smells good to me (in fact, they both smell the same to me).

So... can anyone recommend a nice woodsy scent in aftershave? Thanks!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hey all. Kinda sorta new here. Been searching but haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I'm looking for a woodsy aftershave and/or cologne. I have Barberry Coast Himalayan Ascent which I love the scent, but the aftershave is expensive (almost $40) and I find the cologne doesn't last very long. I also have Barberry Coast Havana which I like, but again, the aftershave is expensive and the cologne doesn't last very long. I also have Clubman Whiskey Woods, but don't love it. I've tried MNSC Mountain Man and Bay Rum, and neither one smells good to me (in fact, they both smell the same to me).

So... can anyone recommend a nice woodsy scent in aftershave? Thanks!

Look no further. Bootlegger's EL Dorado. Woodsy, Earthy, Saddle Leather & Smoke. Everything a growing boy needs... :)

If Jesus wasn't rocking a beard, he would be splashing on Bootlegger's EL Dorado after his shave. :)

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Proraso Red splash or Captain's Choice Sandalwood - both excellent natural woody sandalwoods and not at all perfumy or incensy like other sandalwoods you might have smelled (3Ts, etc)

Captain's Choice North Woods - excellent pine/juniper scent. Like a Christmas Tree in a bottle!

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve - wood and leather perfection. Maybe some cigar ash, old books, basically any smell you might find in an old musty library or country gentleman's study. Very manly!

Long Rifle Leatherstocking - okay, I'm going out on a limb a little on this one. I have and love the soap, but never got the AS because I like pairing it with the above listed splashes. But the scent should be the same or similar. And its a wonderful wood scent. No leather, contra the name. Just wood. Pine, oak, whatever. It smells like a lumber yard. Fantastic!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Proraso Red (Sandalwood)
PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science
PAA Controversy
PAA Solstice
Captain's Choice Sandalwood
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood
Ogallala Bay Rum Sage & Cedar
Black Ship Grooming Captain Scurvy
WSP Cedar Citron

Last edited:
Agree on the Agua Brava. Very dry, simple woody scent without alot of layering as I recall. :adoration:

Not the sandalwood I was searching for at the time, but nice wood, masculine.

My favorite woodsy aftershave
ClubmanWhiskyWoods.jpg

Mail Grooming Marlogue Woods if essential oil scents are your thing. Stirling Coniferous smells great, but can only speak for soap scent. So many woodsy options out there.

Top Bottom