What's new

looking for tabac soap

I'm trying to find Tabac shaving soap online (preferably in the states) with no luck. I've seen some on here saying they got it from QED, but don't see it on their site any longer. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks. :frown:

Jordan

QED has it. Look down the left hand side of the home page and click on the little flashing thingie that says "other fabulous toiletry products..."

I got mine from QED - it came in the frosted glass jar with the brown lid. Send Charles an email, or if it is the only thing you want, go here:
http://qedusa.com/form/

An just put in the comments what you want to order.

Dennis

jnich67 said:
I'm trying to find Tabac shaving soap online (preferably in the states) with no luck. I've seen some on here saying they got it from QED, but don't see it on their site any longer. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks. :frown:

Jordan
Hi Jordan,
Count yourself as another almost casualty of the WEB SITE FROM HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!
If you go to http://www.qedusa.com/ and then click on "Other Fabulous Toiletry Products Offered By QED" you will find:
Tabac now in stock [Germany]:
• Shaving soap in glass bowl ($15.00); Eau de Cologne in 10oz glass bottle ($25.00); Shaving cream in 3.5oz tube ($9.00); Culture Eau de Toilette in 50ml spray ($9.95).
Then it is merely a simple issue of enteriing that which you desire in the comments section of the ordering form and following the checkout procedure!
Now isn't that simple (NOT!)?:ohmy:

Ah, yes, the beauty of the QED website. Go to www.qedusa.com. In the blue menu on the left, almost at the bottom, you should see "other fabulous toiletry products offered by QED." Click on that. The second bullet is TABAC. Now you ask, how do I order, since there is no no link to add this to the shopping cart? Good question. This is why this is listed in "other..." instead of elsewhere. These seem to be things Charles has not gotten to adding to his automated ordering system yet. So, either email him, or just click on this link. http://qedusa.com/form/. There you can enter you billing, shipping and payment info. Put the things you want in the comments section. Or, if you are ordering other stuff that is in his ordering system, just add the TABAC in the comments at checkout. Yes, the total order price listed won't include it, so be aware that your credit card bill will reflect the extra $15 for the TABAC (if soap).

Also, be aware that there is a $15 minimum order listed on the checkout page. (Fine if you are getting TABAC soap, but just in case anyone is wanting to order something smaller).

Yes, this all sounds complicated. Really, it is simpler and more pleasant than it sounds. Charles provides excellent service, and fast shipping. He just desperately needs some website help.

WOW - four responses just in the time I was typing mine.... WE ARE HERE TO SERVE

I used the QED website for my first purchase and have since just relied on emails to Charles to place orders... much easier than dealing with the website and works just as well.

Don't forget this critical step: After entering your information into the comments field, you need to then erase it and reboot your computer. Then write the order on a piece of gold foil and leave it in the bird feeder in your backyard. Then Charles' pet canary can retrieve it, fly back to Rhode Island, and emit a series of high-pitched warbles that only Charles can interpret. In this way, he knows what you want. From there, things proceed as normal. :rolleyes:

BTW - I am kidding. Put it in the comments field of your order, and you will get it with alacrity. It is just to hard to resist poking fun at Charles' website

Scotto said:

BTW - I am kidding. Put it in the comments field of your order, and you will get it with alacrity. It is just to hard to resist poking fun at Charles' website

What? You were kidding? Dang, and I already placed an order for gold foil so I could place an order. Not to mention I wanted to see the pet canary.

Thanks for all the responses. Thank god I didn't try and order anything without having read this first.....

Jordan

It's a form of hazing. If you can get an order placed, you get to join the club. :biggrin:

Seriously, Charles is one of the best on-line retailers I have ever dealt with. Top-notch in every sense of the word.

Double dittos. The problem is that you get totally spoiled; I am having a devil of a time with AOS on a quality issue, and it makes me appreciate Charles even more.

I'm actually getting to be somewhat fond of the QED website. What I do is just ignore it because Charles has so much stuff that is not on there. I just send him an email asking if he has X items and he responds back with lovely comments on them and letting me know what he has recommending something different and provides the link directly to the form to fill in what you want in the comments. It is kind of like having a personal friend that runs a cool shaving store. :cool:

Dennis

Mike02 said:
I'm actually getting to be somewhat fond of the QED website. What I do is just ignore it because Charles has so much stuff that is not on there. I just send him an email asking if he has X items and he responds back with lovely comments on them and letting me know what he has recommending something different and provides the link directly to the form to fill in what you want in the comments. It is kind of like having a personal friend that runs a cool shaving store. :cool:

Dennis

I can't agree more with Dennis and all of the others - I just placed an order last Friday and everything arrived in Canada this morning.

I am totally confident in asking for Charles' recommendation on any product - he has never tried to upsell me unless he truly beleives that the price difference is worth it. He also suggested I purchase a cheaper brush than what I initialy wanted as a first brush for a new wetshaver.

I actually try to find reasons to purchase from Charles because of his excellent customer service and the QED line of products - the shave sticks are a particular addiction and one of the first glycerine soaps I suggest to people who have never used a glycerine soap before.

Ignore the lack of a flashy (or dare I say functional) website and focus on the great customer service, prices and products.

Mike02 said:

Dennis
Hi Dennis,
Just remember, it is the web site we love to hate!:biggrin1: I fear that if he ever gets one that is attractive and functional, we'll miss out on interacting with the old fellow..:001_wub:

guenron said:
Hi Dennis,
Just remember, it is the web site we love to hate!:biggrin1: I fear that if he ever gets one that is attractive and functional, we'll miss out on interacting with the old fellow..:001_wub:
I totally agree with this statement...I believe he hasn't updated it for fear that HE would miss out on interacting with us as well...

Scotto said:
...Then Charles' pet canary can retrieve it, fly back to Rhode Island, and emit a series of high-pitched warbles that only Charles can interpret. ...

Yep, until the transmission wires were taken down... you would normally enter Morse Code to place your orders.

Shipment was done by the Pony Express.

-joedy

ps. I used email for my first order. Love his soaps!

Scotto said:
Don't forget this critical step: After entering your information into the comments field, you need to then erase it and reboot your computer. Then write the order on a piece of gold foil and leave it in the bird feeder in your backyard. Then Charles' pet canary can retrieve it, fly back to Rhode Island, and emit a series of high-pitched warbles that only Charles can interpret. In this way, he knows what you want. From there, things proceed as normal. :rolleyes:

I tried this and all I got was a Scotto Sample Pack!!! :eek:

Top Bottom