What's new

Looking for some opinions on my next razor purchase

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have to agree. As long as one doesn’t mind the wait.
As a matter of fact, I shaved with a custom made SR this morning, an S.K. Colling from Proserpine, Queensland, Australia. I had this made for me last year and then it cost under US$150 including shipping.

IMG_20220713_103227.jpg

I wanted a ⅞ full hollow Spanish point with thumb notch, mirror finish, classic timber scales and got exactly what I wanted.

A lovely razor for me to shave with.

As a matter of fact, I shaved with a custom made SR this morning, an S.K. Colling from Proserpine, Queensland, Australia. I had this made for me last year and then it cost under US$150 including shipping.

I wanted a ⅞ full hollow Spanish point with thumb notch, mirror finish, classic timber scales and got exactly what I wanted.

A lovely razor for me to shave with.

I’m waiting on an eBay razor from them. This might be my next custom if I like this one.

Based on everything I have read I think I am just going to wait and see if any nice deals pop up over time. Will be keeping an eye out on the revisor specials ( looks like a lot of good choices and options for very nice prices - might just go in person later ). Think I will probably end up getting a thiers issard but okay putting it in the back of the waiting list as I won't ever struggle to get one due to location or supply. Might end up getting a custom that looks something similar to the king pelican 14 - not really sure on who or what steel yet but maybe in time I will have the answer pop up.

One thing I do love are scales from Doc - so if I do go custom I might see if I can work something out with doc and whoever I go with.

Top Bottom