What's new

Looking for some ideas for a case

Im a firefighter and am constantly going station to station and am trying to find a creative way to keep all my stuff in a case . An example would be like a gun case I guess but bigger. Maybe even foam inserts ??? What cool things are you guys using to transport?

Im a firefighter and am constantly going station to station and am trying to find a creative way to keep all my stuff in a case . An example would be like a gun case I guess but bigger. Maybe even foam inserts ??? What cool things are you guys using to transport?
Bigger than a gun case? Like steamer trunk size?
I was going to suggest a hanging dopp kit, lots of compartments and zippered pouches.

Interesting Post. If you have a lot of stuff you want to take with you go to Home Depot and look at the Tool Bags in the Hardware/Tool Department.

You need a compact cast and either a fishing tackle box or a cloth tool box should work for you.

Go check out a camera store with a good selection of hard cases like Pelican (though there are many other good brands) or even soft cases. The good ones will have the foam tear away inserts to customize to your needs. With gun cases you are somewhat limited due to the standard sizes of firearms, but for camera gear there are near infinite combinations of shapes and sizes.

That sounds awesome, Pelican cases are exactly what I was thinking about. Just a little pricy. Thanks for the suggestions.

My dad was a Fire Fighter for a long time and he used to use an LA Rescue Toiletry Bag. He still uses the original one over 30 years later and the thing holds a metric ton. I too can vouch for this product - I used it to carry all my shaving gear to and from the shower trailer in Iraq and Kuwait.

Top Bottom