What's new

Looking for some good chills

Ive got Proraso green shave cream, love it and want to push the boat out further.
Are there any next level soaps on the chill scale?

Ive done some research and got:

Margaritas in the Arctic Stirling Soap
Dr Jons Hydra
Cryogen by Chiseled Face
Caties Bubbles Waterlyptus
Fitjar Folgefonn
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto Menthol (? no menthol listed in notes)

If you could only have 2 or 3, what would you pick?
For me tallow or no tallow is not an issue, I do like triple milled
soaps as they last long-er.

I've got MITA and Waterlyptus and they are both great soaps. Next on my list is Lisas Natural Herbal Creations Florida Freeze. Also if you haven't yet, the proraso green preshave really ups the chill factor for me, moreso than these other soaps I have.

I've got MITA and have went through a couple samples of Frozen Tundra and although they are very good soaps for Stirling, if you want something cold you need to check out they're Glacial line. Right now I think the Glacial Lemon Chill is the only one in stock but Rod will be releasing the Glacial line in the next month I'm sure. I think the coldest in the line is Glacial Obsidian but I'm sure someone will come along with more info...

I was afraid to use my sample. It looked like pure menthol crystals on a piece of white chewing game. Insane.

It is the only soap that has made me tear up using it, and I'm not alone. If you crave a morning wake up, whatever the temperature outside, this is your beast. You will not snooze while shaving with this soap....

Last edited:
I liked the chill of Cryogen, but not the lather. Lisa's Florida Freeze is a great soap though not as chilly. If you want to up the chill factor, buy some WS-23 (synthetic menthol), lather in a bowl, and add a few drops.

Fine Accoutrements „Snake Bite“ has one of the highest menthol parts I have ever seen!
Doesn’t cost much and is widely available!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Are there any next level soaps on the chill scale?

Ive done some research and got:
Margaritas in the Arctic Stirling Soap

In my 70's and never expected to like a menthol soap. I liked my MITA sample so much, that earlier today I ordered the puck and A/S along with their menthol pineapple soap and aftershave. I have their Orange Chill soap & A/S which I also like. While I occasionally use a sample of Stirling Lemon (glacial), it has too much menthol for me.

Only one menthol soap under my belt and that's Maggards Orange Menthol. It was a good shave and fairly chilly but I don't have anything to compare it to. Not sure if chilled soap is my thing or not so I'll have to try a Stirling sample next time I put an order in.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Stirling menthols are as cold as I like, too cold even by my third pass.

Stirling Glacials are a big step up. I have Wintergreen and I'm afraid to use it haha.

This I understand, is a clear step above Stirling Glacials.

cryogen-final-2_1024x1024.jpg

For regular Stirling menthol soaps I like Frozen Tundra. The scent of fresh, clean, frozen dirt. Margaritas in the Arctic is nice too and smells just like a Margarita to me.

I've found the scent descriptions from Stirling to be right on the money. Stirling makes a nice soap for a great price. The samples last a long time too.

Top Bottom