What's new

Looking for similar scent strength to Proraso Green Lotion

So it’s been quite the journey for me. I have been using a number of balms after my shaves for years. I have always played around with splashes before applying a balm. Recently I decided to skip the balm and use a splash only. I have had fantastic results. My face has never been so blemish free. I have purchased so many samples but can’t quite find a splash I like. I like Proraso because of the limited scent strength and life of the scent. Is there anything available from the artisan world that performs similarly? I don’t want to be swimming in scent all day but I do like it upon application.

I like Proraso because of the limited scent strength and life of the scent. Is there anything available from the artisan world that performs similarly? I don’t want to be swimming in scent all day but I do like it upon application.

If Proraso works for you, why are you seeking a replacement from the "artisan world?" I can't see where you'd be gaining anything by going "artisan." Proraso has an excellent line of soaps and aftershaves that work very well, and the products are readily available.

I really like ANY of the classic Mediterranean shaving products; Proraso, Floid, Vitos, etc. The stuff just works! Stick with the winner. If you haven't tried it, give Proraso's sandalwood lotion a try; very nice!

Don

+2 on what was already said and definitely try the Proraso Red. It’s the best one in my opinion.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

If Proraso works for you, why are you seeking a replacement from the "artisan world?" I can't see where you'd be gaining anything by going "artisan." Proraso has an excellent line of soaps and aftershaves that work very well, and the products are readily available.

I really like ANY of the classic Mediterranean shaving products; Proraso, Floid, Vitos, etc. The stuff just works! Stick with the winner. If you haven't tried it, give Proraso's sandalwood lotion a try; very nice!

Don
I don’t love the scent. Just the strength. I mentioned the artisan world because I would like to explore maybe a couple scent options to find a scent I like, but would want the strength/scent performance to be similar to Proraso. For me, Proraso smells a bit too medicinal.

Proraso smells a bit too medicinal.

Yup. I can understand that. I kind of get that with Floids. Again, I really recommend that you try Proraso's red sandalwood. Just a hint of scent upon application, then gone. Not medicinal in the least. Vitos aftershave has more of a citrus quality, and it's pretty fleeting, at least with me.

Like you, I like aftershaves that do what they're supposed to do, and be gone in the scent. Wowing the ladies in the other office cubicles is not the purpose of an aftershave. Keep exploring the Proraso line; Their Single Blade line looks interesting. I'd avoid the Green Tea and Oat one.... smelled like an old feed sack to me.

Don

Don

+1! Great advice!

I would add two points:
1. There are two Floid lines: the Italian and the Spanish. Both are worth trying IMO!
2. La Toja is another great Mediterranean product line!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom