What's new

Looking for place to smoke In Houston

Hi everyone,

I recently sold my house and moved to Houston. I’m looking to see if anyone knows where someone could sit and enjoy a pipe. Unfortunately I’m in and apartment and there is no smoking on the property. Maybe a smoke shop or cigar shop? I’m used to just sitting in my chair outside my house. I never had to worry about trying to find a place to smoke, but hoping there is a place in the city where I could go. Maybe even meet some people with the same interest. I’m in the Montrose area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Wow. Was that disclosed in the lease you signed?
I'm sure there's a Cigar Lounge somewhere nearby in a city the size of Houston.
Till you find one, take a lawn chair out to the edge of the street.
In many municipalities, the strip of grass between the road and the sidewalk is city property.
Good luck!

Wow. Was that disclosed in the lease you signed?
I'm sure there's a Cigar Lounge somewhere nearby in a city the size of Houston.
Till you find one, take a lawn chair out to the edge of the street.
In many municipalities, the strip of grass between the road and the sidewalk is city property.
Good luck!

It was disclosed in the lease, but thought I could find a nice place to sit, relax and smoke close by. There seems to be some city ordinance about smoking in some places here, so trying to read about it more a google more about it. I think their is a pipe club here, but not sure if it’s still active. There is a really old historic cemetery next door with trees and benches. I’m going to see if I could go there. People here have to be smoking cigs here, so if I see or smell it on someone , lol, I’ll ask them where they go.

I’ll definitely look at these cigar lounges. I’ve never been to one, so should be a fun place to try out.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It was disclosed in the lease, but thought I could find a nice place to sit, relax and smoke close by. There seems to be some city ordinance about smoking in some places here, so trying to read about it more a google more about it. I think their is a pipe club here, but not sure if it’s still active. There is a really old historic cemetery next door with trees and benches. I’m going to see if I could go there. People here have to be smoking cigs here, so if I see or smell it on someone , lol, I’ll ask them where they go.

I’ll definitely look at these cigar lounges. I’ve never been to one, so should be a fun place to try out.
Every cigar shop I've ever been in also sold pipe tobacco.

Just about any outdoor space should do. Bus stops, alleyways, outside bars, parks, and parking lots. I’ve smoked plenty of cigars with buddies standing in parking lots before we all headed home. Good luck finding a location.

Nicotine Nazis strike again. Yes, I'd think in a city the size of Houston there's got to be at least one cigar lounge or cigar shop. Even in Da Swamp here, there are several, and we have the Mayan Import Co. cigar and pipe shop in 2 locations.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Hi everyone,

I recently sold my house and moved to Houston. I’m looking to see if anyone knows where someone could sit and enjoy a pipe. Unfortunately I’m in and apartment and there is no smoking on the property. Maybe a smoke shop or cigar shop? I’m used to just sitting in my chair outside my house. I never had to worry about trying to find a place to smoke, but hoping there is a place in the city where I could go. Maybe even meet some people with the same interest. I’m in the Montrose area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've got family out there. The metro Houston area is a vast and sprawling one. You're inside the inner loop, where the nanny laws are strongest.

But you should be able to smoke outside in most places there. Inside the inner loop, there should be several cigar lounges, such as this one south of you off of Rt 90: Sweet lips cigars cigars| flavored cigars| Hand rolled cigars| cigar Boutique| cigars| Houston cigars| cigar pop up shop| cigar shop| sweet lip cigar| sweet lips cigars| Cigar company| online cigar| sweetlipscigars sweetlipscigars.squarespace.com/config/settings/marketing/seo - https://www.sweetlipscigars.com

And depending on your morals, you should also be able to smoke in most of the 'gentlemen clubs' that are supposedly all about there.

My last trip into Houston via Bush a few years back, I also recall a good size cigar salon on the Western Sam Houston somewhere near Jersey Village. But you may also have to compete increasingly with the vape traffic at many places, too.

And if you're a vet, many VFW and American Legion halls also are very relaxed about smoking. That can also be a good place to enjoy a few beers with your smokes, depending on the bar you may find.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
And depending on your morals, you should also be able to smoke in most of the 'gentlemen clubs' that are supposedly all about there
Hehehehe, my new excuse. “I swear honey I was just there to smoke my pipe.” Full disclosure, I haven’t been to a gentleman’s club, other than to pick up patients, in 22yrs. It’s amazing the number of dancers that get hurt doing pole work, especially the dancers that only have one arm.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Hehehehe, my new excuse. “I swear honey I was just there to smoke my pipe.” Full disclosure, I haven’t been to a gentleman’s club, other than to pick up patients, in 22yrs. It’s amazing the number of dancers that get hurt doing pole work, especially the dancers that only have one arm.
Somewhere, I think there’s an indiscreet joke in there.

Back in my day, we called them “Go-Go bars”. As a long-married gentlemen, the only evening club I’ve been to ever since have been Rotary dinners.

I have no idea how or where young gentlemen blow off steam nowadays. All I know is that Houston seems to be the world capital for those sorts of establishments.

hoping there is a place in the city where I could go. Maybe even meet some people with the same interest. I’m in the Montrose area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow night (1st Friday of the month) is the Houston Pipe Club. 6:00 to 10:00+. Serious Cigars on Westheimer Rd. Bring a number of tobacco blends - everybody shares.

Also, the Briar Shoppe is the best pipe shop in the area. Nice place to smoke.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Tomorrow night (1st Friday of the month) is the Houston Pipe Club. 6:00 to 10:00+. Serious Cigars on Westheimer Rd. Bring a number of tobacco blends - everybody shares.

I have bought from Serious Cigars a few times. First class operation. I did not know they hosted pipe smokers.

We’re planning to come down there again in December. Unfortunately, not anywhere near the 1st Friday of the month.

Nice thanks for the information I’m flying out of town tomorrow, but will definitely check out the next meet up.

I saw the Briar Shoppe online, and will go there when I get back. It looked like pipe heaven online. I’ll end up buying some new pipes and tobacco from there, even though I probably don’t need more. It never hurts to get more 😀

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It’s 100 degrees in the shade good luck sitting outside smoking. You could easily smoke a few bowls sitting in traffic 😁
Good luck with your search. There are plenty of clubs.

I've been to Houston. Step outside and sit on the curb around noontime. Once your perspiration evaporates you should start smoking in about five minutes. Don't worry, the humidity will prevent you from bursting into flames.
If Houston is like Da Swamp for most of the year, your perspiration never evaporates.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
If Houston is like Da Swamp for most of the year, your perspiration never evaporates.

Well ... I don't know if Houston is quite as bad as the legends portray. I've been down to Houston in peak summer many times. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty darn hot. But for me tolerable if you stay in the shade. It's the sun there. Intense like no place else. Like a red-hot oven element burning over your head. I've been told that delivery drivers down there hate driving vehicles with white painted hoods, because it gives them facial sunburns.

But I've found it worse being in deepest South Florida this time of year. Very hot, and humidity off the charts. So bad you can barely breathe. Worse than DC or Houston, IMO. But that's just me.

The problem with DC in summer is the hot, wet, languid air just sits there, dead. No breeze or air movement. Yuck. Stay off the Mall, where the drink kiosks are like oases in the desert.

Top Bottom