What's new

Looking for new aftershave.

I'm looking for a new aftershave and I'm overwhelmed with all the choices. I currently use Aqua Velva. I like the scent as well as the "burn", with that being said where should I start?

Chatillon Lux are some of the best splashes on the market (for now) in my opinion. Wonderful scents and great ingredients. Cheers.

Men men Skin Bracer is awesome at the drugstore. Old spice, English Leather is also affordable.

Proraso green with the soap and pre shave is a step up and is a real treat!

I'm a big fan of Stirling(lots of scents to choose from, almost too many), Mickey Lee (The Kracken and Grand Havana), and Chiseled Face(Ghost Town Barber, Sherlock). I always recommend getting some samples from Maggards before buying a full size bottle though. But you can spend a lot of money on samples too.

Thanks everyone. Placing an order with maggard razors later today and will be getting some samples.

You could start with some of the ‘classics.’ My personal suggestion would be to pick one or two of these
US drugstore classics, for example Pinaud (especially Clubman or VSOR), Skin Bracer, etc.

You can move on to European classics: Speick, Floid (especially Vigoroso), Proraso (especially the green).

Then you could consider some artisans: Fine (especially American blend), or Stirling (especially Baker St.)

In other words, you are looking down the rabbit hole! :a29:

I ended up picking up cryogen and fine american blend aftershave samples. Thanks for the help everyone. I will make sure to refer to this post next time I order to try some different ones.

I ended up picking up cryogen and fine american blend aftershave samples. Thanks for the help everyone. I will make sure to refer to this post next time I order to try some different ones.
Get ready for the menthol blast!
With the cryogen for sure... if you like menthol, you will probably enjoy the splashes from Fine, Chiseled Face, Wholly Kaw, and Floid. They all have a noticeable menthol kick to me. For non-mentholated splashes you can’t really go wrong with Stirling (where you also have the option of adding menthol) and B&M.

Last edited:
I used C.O. Bigelow before and loved that creme so I will see how the Cryogen is and go from there.

Samples are a great idea - be sure to include some Floid in your testing. I have both "Vigoroso" and "Suave" and like 'em both, but would likely give nod to the "vig"

Go to walmart or your grocery store and buy everything. Aqua Velva Musk, Aqua Velva Sport, Skin Bracer, Brut, and Old Spice. They are all super cheap and will give you some breadth of scent types to get an idea of what you like. Do this before trying the more expensive brands.

Top Bottom