What's new

Looking for luxury towels

Check out Fendrihan for some nice stuff.

+1 for checking out Fendrihan

We have a couple different sets of Ikeuchi towels from Fendrihan and I think they're great. One set is thick & luxurious and the other is more lightweight since I like to mix it up a bit. Also, I tend to like thinner towels in the summer.

The two types we have:
Ikeuchi 316 Cotton = Heavy and Luxurious
Ikeuchi Straits 220 Cotton & Bamboo = Lightwight and quicker drying

If anyone has Mr Pillow bath towels, please comment. I wanted to try the towels from Mr. Pillow, but my wife put the kibash on it. She says we have towels from before we were married ('69) and there's no room in the closets for more.

Last year, I ordered a set of Mr Pillow Egyptian cotton queen sheets off an infomercial. Most comfortable sheets we ever owned, and even she didn't object to me ordering 2 more sets. Since the sheets were so good, I suggested the towels, but she said NO. She likes his "popcorn pillow" (my term), that she's had for several years. I hate her pillow. I sleep on my side and stomach and prefer a gusseted side sleeper.

We have two sets of My Pillow towels. They are excellent. Thick and absorbent. I like their wash cloths when I shave. They hold a lot of water without dripping. Previously, we had some expensive Hotel Collection towels we bought at Macy's. They looked and felt nice but took forever to dry - even in the AZ low humidity.

Quality towels? You should try booking a better class of hotel. It's not like they search your baggage. You'll be miles away before housekeeping lodges a complaint.

[I was momentarily channeling Rodney Dangerfield there. Sorry.]
Brother Ashley, that was not even half-funny. Thievery is reprehensible. There are better things to joke about.

Brother Bach,

Probably your best options are upscale department stores and to Google what's available on Amazon.com.

Incidentally I bought some very thick and luxurious towels from the Martha Stewart collection at K-Mart many years ago. I don't know if the situation at K-Mart is still the same.

Brother and Sisters!!!! sorry I just wanted to join in with you guys

Over here I use the cheapest one I can find. YOU MUST WASH IT FIRST.

Brother Bach,

Probably your best options are upscale department stores and to Google what's available on Amazon.com.

Incidentally I bought some very thick and luxurious towels from the Martha Stewart collection at K-Mart many years ago. I don't know if the situation at K-Mart is still the same.

Brother, the situation at K-Mart is roughly similar to the middle chapters of Stephen King's "The Stand". You know, the novel where a virus kills 99% off the world's population? K-Mart is dead. The last of the old "five and dimes". Gone.

Eben Stone

Staff member
My mom has towel acquision disorder and is obsessed with luxury towels. Whenever I visit I'm amazed at the quality of the towels she owns. A few magnitudes better than whatever I can find at my local department stores. She says her favorites are Ralph Lauren and Hotel.

Top Bottom