What's new

Looking for luxury towels

Friends,

I'm looking for the most luxurious, thickest, highest quality towels that can be had on this green earth, for both shave and bath. I have plenty of the thinner barbershop towels, and I'm looking for something much more opulent. Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Lane

Last edited:
Friends,

I'm looking for the most luxurious, thickest, highest quality towels that can be had on this green earth. I have plenty of the thinner barbershop towels, and I'm looking for something much more opulent. Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Lane

for shave or bath?

i don't know much about the highest quality, but i have a couple of brooklinen things going on. check em out

they have 3 levels of towel "intensity"

Both. I should have been more clear.

For bath, SWMBO got a set of really thick, plush bath-sized towels from Walmart! I think $4 each!
Great for shower/bath.

For shave, I still prefer either thin shave towels or, alternatively, basket-weaved microfiber washcloths.
Easy to soak, wipe, wring out, dries fast.
But, each to his own!

I received some Zeus shave towels for Christmas this year. I think they are very comfortable on the face.

1596489847420.png

We've purchased towels from Restoration Hardware in the past. They seem to hold up really well and are pretty plush. It has been quite awhile since we've bought any from there so I don't know if they are still the same or not.

For bath towels, I like the Hydrocotton towels from Pottery Barn. I'm on the lookout for good shave towels. The barber towels I use now are garbage. They are white with a blue stripe on them. They started getting holes after only a few washes.

If anyone has Mr Pillow bath towels, please comment. I wanted to try the towels from Mr. Pillow, but my wife put the kibash on it. She says we have towels from before we were married ('69) and there's no room in the closets for more.

Last year, I ordered a set of Mr Pillow Egyptian cotton queen sheets off an infomercial. Most comfortable sheets we ever owned, and even she didn't object to me ordering 2 more sets. Since the sheets were so good, I suggested the towels, but she said NO. She likes his "popcorn pillow" (my term), that she's had for several years. I hate her pillow. I sleep on my side and stomach and prefer a gusseted side sleeper.

A buddy of mine, Tony D, sent me this pic of the towels he received from Shave Nation. He said they added it as a free gift when he spends over $150. Otherwise they are $8.
proxy.php

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

The best bath towels I have found are from artisan towel shop in Istanbul, Turkey. These are made by hand and truly excellent. Obviously not the lowest price but you get what you pay for in my opinion.

If anyone has Mr Pillow bath towels, please comment. I wanted to try the towels from Mr. Pillow, but my wife put the kibash on it. She says we have towels from before we were married ('69) and there's no room in the closets for more.

Last year, I ordered a set of Mr Pillow Egyptian cotton queen sheets off an infomercial. Most comfortable sheets we ever owned, and even she didn't object to me ordering 2 more sets. Since the sheets were so good, I suggested the towels, but she said NO. She likes his "popcorn pillow" (my term), that she's had for several years. I hate her pillow. I sleep on my side and stomach and prefer a gusseted side sleeper.

There will be no Mr. Pillow anything in our home.

Quality towels? You should try booking a better class of hotel. It's not like they search your baggage. You'll be miles away before housekeeping lodges a complaint.

[I was momentarily channeling Rodney Dangerfield there. Sorry.]

I recently purchased 4 microfiber car detailing towels. They are very plush and work incredibly well at absorbing moisture after a shave. They are 40cm x 40cm (16" x 16"). They are very cheap.

I use one to hot towel and another to dry after shaving. The towels are rated at 1200 GSM which relates to their density. Don't go for anything less than 1200 GSM.

Microfiber car cleaning cloth

Top Bottom