What's new

Looking for information on some straight razors i have

Hello all,

I recently acquired some straight razors that were (probably) my grandfathers. I got them from my aunt, who knows nothing about them. and unfortunately anyone who would know has already passed. I know NOTHING about straights other than that these are old.

here are some pictures:

This is all the information i was able to gather from the razors:

Dana HDWE Co. (blade only) {has a few small chips in the blade, no noticeable cracks}

The J R Torrey Co - Worcester Mass - US (Black handle) {appears to be slightly "frowning"}

The Rodgers - Joseph Rogers & sons - cutlers to their majestie - No. 6 Norfolk Street - Sheffield - ground in sheffield (tortoise shell?) {no noticable defects}

A. Granese Boston Mass. - Made in germany {From box, NO markings on razor} (Bone handle?) {handle held together with a bandaid, tang is not steel and is cracked}

T. Noonan & Sons Co. - Boston, Mass. - Made in Germany - Silver King (yellow Handle) {no noticeable defects}

Are any of these savable? (or worth saving?)

Thank you for any help!

Hi,

this is is a nice acquisition. They could be fixed and honed for you to start experiencing shaving with a straight.
I would concentrate on your blade which looks nice and clean and have it restored by our hobbyists. A nice pair of horn or bone scales might resuscitate a great razor.
enjoy them

Top Bottom