What's new

Looking for info on Bengall DE razors

Hi B&B

My local antique store is selling a cased Bengall open comb DE razor in very good condition. The owner says its from the 1920s but there is nothing to indicate its age.

I am struggling to find out any information on Bengall DE razors. Plenty of info on Bengall straights but not a lot on DEs.

I would appreciate any assistance in getting some information about these razors e.g. era, recommended price etc. Sorry I don't have a photo. I could probably go back and take a photo in the shop if that would help.

Thanks in advance
Paul

A photo is always helpful, if you can get one. One thing I've learned, especially in foreign razors, is that one company made many brands under contract. I know of 3 different brands Merkur made in addition to their own brand.

A photo is always helpful, if you can get one. One thing I've learned, especially in foreign razors, is that one company made many brands under contract. I know of 3 different brands Merkur made in addition to their own brand.

Thanks for your comment.

I will go back to the shop and see if they will let me take a photo.

I took a punt and bought the Bengall today.

The razor and case are in great condition, though the razor does need a clean.

There are no markings to indicate its age, the only markings are the Made in England.

I have attached some pics to help in finding out a bit more about this razor.

I took a punt and bought the Bengall today.

The razor and case are in great condition, though the razor does need a clean.

There are no markings to indicate its age, the only markings are the Made in England.

I have attached some pics to help in finding out a bit more about this razor.

That is a sweet looking razor.

Question....Is there a crack in the handle? If not I wouldnt pull the head off of the handle, I would leave it together. Just trying to help.

Great score buddy :001_cool:

That is a sweet looking razor.

Question....Is there a crack in the handle? If not I wouldnt pull the head off of the handle, I would leave it together. Just trying to help.

Great score buddy :001_cool:

Thanks for the advice

There is a very small hairline crack in the handle and I only took it apart to clean the razor but will leave it together from now on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom