What's new

Looking for info on a swedish blade

Very nice. Sorry I can't help but I know someone that probably can. I'm sure Arne will be by to enlighten with his vast knowledge as soon as he gets a chance. :001_smile

Was doing so good not buying anything but my birthday is coming around and I saw this on ebay. Sooooo its in the mail currently, thought I would ask if anyone knew anything about it.

One side has elkistuna heljestrand which I am familiar with but the other side has Ferigol&Rosean Beograd which I am not. Either way thought it was a nice 100$ buy for my Bday

ANTIQUE STRAIGHT RAZOR Heljestrand Ferigol&Rosean Beograd | eBay

Now this is just a rough guess until Arne comes on and sheds some light on it, But it is a C.V Heljestrand and I would say a M**K series blade but made for a shopping supplier.
But like I said just a guess and it looks to be a beautiful razor hone her up and enjoy....

This looks like a MK6, MK10 or MK12. They are very similar to the MK32, but without its signature spike near the thumbnotch. The difference between them is the grind. But I don't remember which is which.
As Ice-Man mentioned above, the named engraved is most likely the vendor. Cutlers or department stores would often have co-branded blades like that.

think you guys are right, I have a mk 10 that looks very similar. Thanks for the help

MK10.jpg

Very nice MK No10! You will love this razor, just as a man loves a beautiful woman in a tight black dress and stilettos. Though just like any beautiful woman, this razor will bite if one is not careful. It should be a 3/4 to 1/2 hollow if I remember correctly, but I'm sure @Polarbeard will know!
Arne, where you at buddy?
Bat signal.gif

Heljestrand would stamp their razors to their customers requirements. I have an new MK31 salesman sample with no stamping at all.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Very nice MK No10! You will love this razor, just as a man loves a beautiful woman in a tight black dress and stilettos. Though just like any beautiful woman, this razor will bite if one is not careful. It should be a 3/4 to 1/2 hollow if I remember correctly, but I'm sure @Polarbeard will know!
View attachment 952066
It’s wintertime and Arne is out on the ice feeding most likely. I love my MK 10 but women in tight dresses that nibble are an entirely different story.

View attachment 952066
Hello Matt, I'll be back in a couple of days. I'm kind of busy at the moment.

Was doing so good not buying anything but my birthday is coming around and I saw this on ebay. Sooooo its in the mail currently, thought I would ask if anyone knew anything about it.

One side has elkistuna heljestrand which I am familiar with but the other side has Ferigol&Rosean Beograd which I am not. Either way thought it was a nice 100$ buy for my Bday

ANTIQUE STRAIGHT RAZOR Heljestrand Ferigol&Rosean Beograd | eBay

This is an address in Belgrade on the razor box,
Mil. Draskovica 3 Beograd it means Milorad Draskovic street no 3, Belgrade Serbia
Iam from Croatia and We speaks basically the same language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an address in Belgrade on the razor box,
Mil. Draskovica 3 Beograd it means Milorad Draskovic street no 3, Belgrade Serbia
Iam from Croatia and We speaks basically the same language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome thanks, have a good week. Will post some pictures here whenever it comes it.

Very nice MK No10! You will love this razor, just as a man loves a beautiful woman in a tight black dress and stilettos. Though just like any beautiful woman, this razor will bite if one is not careful.
Romancing Swedish razors this way is costing me too much money. That darn Arne has got me scouring around the web looking for those beauties.

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Did anybody ever figure out which model this blade was? I just picked up one of these "Ferigo & Rosean" Heljestrands myself. Mine lacks the circular design on the blade face, though. It immediately became my favorite razor in my small collection.

nice razor. here is a chart of heljestrand razors I saw not to long ago you could probably use to find out what type you have. just find the right length and grind then try googling photos just to verify.
heljestrand razors and prices.jpg

nice razor. here is a chart of heljestrand razors I saw not to long ago you could probably use to find out what type you have. just find the right length and grind then try googling photos just to verify.
View attachment 979110
This is actually the most correct and complete chart of Heljestrand razors that I've ever seen. Whoever it was that made it did put a lot of effort and knowledge into it. Since Heljestrand reused they're model numbers for slightly different models a few additions could be made and some models, like the 14/15, are missing. All in all I'm extremely impressed! 👍

Top Bottom