What's new

Looking for info on 4ply cashmere turtlenecks

Hello:
I am looking for goods leads about where to purchase online a reasonably priced (+/-) $300 good quality 4ply men cashmere turtleneck.
Thank you.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. What part of the world are you in? This would help us greatly in helping you.

Welcome to the forum. What part of the world are you in? This would help us greatly in helping you.
Thank you. I am in the US. Ohio. I will buy online from anywhere as long it has a good reputation and exchange/return policies.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have become a big fan of North Sea Clothing sweaters.

Obviously not cashmere like the OP asked about, and much thicker than 4-ply ... but for me, wonderful. On the other hand, if the OP wants a turtleneck for wearing under a sportscoat or suit jacket, then Northsea won't really be the best choice.

I wonder if the OP would consider expanding his search to high-quality merino as well? Just a thought. (Much of the less expensive cashmere out there is of suspect quality, with shorter hairs that keep the initial softness one expects but the fabric very quickly succumbs to pilling. Equally priced merino is far more satisfactory in performance, even if not as super-soft.)

Thank you for your answer. I will study your suggestion. Where should I look for good merino turtlenecks? By the way, and excuse my ignorance, what does it means OP?

This question got 362 views and 2 answers. An average of 0.55% responses. I wonder why is that. Perhaps I phrased it wrongly? The subject is too arcane? Turtlenecks are out of fashion? declasse? Should I hang my question in a more proletarian site? Please advise.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not many guys here are into cashmere, and not many of them would know enough (or think they did) to be able to offer advice.

May I ask ... why cashmere? Have you a particular interest in that fabric based on experience, or did you hear it was "the best" ?

Last edited:
Cashmere is something special, agreed.

I checked what Toronto’s cashmere shop has online, and found 2-ply for $325 Canadian (240 US or so).

Wife is a big fan of cashmere, so we have bought several things there over the years for ourselves and our kids. Their quality and service has been consistently good.

I looked at the site. It seems they are only available in black (sold out) or burgundy. Not my colors. I am looking for something ivory or off-white. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom