What's new

Looking for good sandalwood soap

Here is a sandalwood patchouli I use.

57EDB20F-6C6A-4EFD-9BB5-C7B57D724E8C.jpeg

Since we have such a great cloud of witnesses for our Dear Sandalwood, let us proclaim Sandalwood Sundays.
All those in favor say; "Aye."

Another vote for AOS original tallow sandalwood. I was able to find 4 pucks on eBay in the last year. Smells great and makes a great, slick lather. I have been using it quite a bit lately.

I hope AOS gets it together. I haven’t been able to find a refill puck in my neck of the woods. Target started selling AOS products, but they are all creams and no soaps. I will try the Proraso red since I found a local boutique that stocks the tubes.

I had one of the new (non-tallow) sandalwood soaps from AOS, and while I loved the smell, the soap just did not work for me at all. I ended up using it as a bath soap. I still have the matching balm, and I love that stuff.

Some of us remember posts by avatar graphic, not name. And we overlook the fine nuance of which way the jester hat wass pointing. I don't have that problem anymore, but I often had to search old posts to remind myself who was into S-brushes, rigid blade holders, and Mondials and Zeniths. It was one of the banditos(wearing the yellow and red BOSC handkerchiefs).
WIN_20190306_10_11_55_Pro.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Some of us remember posts by avatar graphic, not name. And we overlook the fine nuance of which way the jester hat wass pointing. I don't have that problem anymore, but I often had to search old posts to remind myself who was into S-brushes, rigid blade holders, and Mondials and Zeniths. It was one of the banditos(wearing the yellow and red BOSC handkerchiefs).
View attachment 959763
:lol1:

I was the other way around.
I liked the Proraso Red soap for performance, scent, and price, so I got the aftershave believing that it would at least be approximately similar. (I hate buying aftershave before I sniff it.)
So far, it's my favourite aftershave, and the soap is in my top 5.

I still have to try the TOBS Sandalwood cream though.
I got some today and tried it out tonight.
The performance was pretty good, but I was very disappointed with the scent.
proxy.php

Not at all what I would call "sandalwood", and not very strong. That's a good thing, I guess, because it was a bit weird.
I can't figure out what it does smell like.

I got some today and tried it out tonight.
The performance was pretty good, but I was very disappointed with the scent.
proxy.php

Not at all what I would call "sandalwood", and not very strong. That's a good thing, I guess, because it was a bit weird.
I can't figure out what it does smell like.

Hmmm...I've never used the current red soap. But the old Proraso Red cream with wheat germ was my first shave cream and always was a distinctive product scentwise. I loved it, but it's been almost a decade since I used it. Who knows? Anyway, the scent was vague and may have gestured in the direction of sandalwood. If the current red soap smells anything like that, I'm interested in trying it.

Hmmm...I've never used the current red soap. But the old Proraso Red cream with wheat germ was my first shave cream and always was a distinctive product scentwise. I loved it, but it's been almost a decade since I used it. Who knows? Anyway, the scent was vague and may have gestured in the direction of sandalwood. If the current red soap smells anything like that, I'm interested in trying it.
He's talking about TOBS...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom