Looking for good sandalwood soap

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by SlipperyShaver, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

LMAO!! Damn it Cal you need to get rid of the same darn avatar as Jim Chin ali whiskers! Come on I get you two mixed up all the time as I don't look at the name below that yellow and red logo! :thumbup::lol:

2. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

Yeah that's sad but the reality of the market right now. Only way a artisan could make it happen is to offer one as a limited edition. Charge for the real Sandalwood. This way they are not laying out a ton of money for a significant amount of inventory hoping they can sell a expensive soap.

3. Ooops! I misspelled it. It's "Sandalo". As far as I know, it's a scent is 100% sandalwood. It smells quite a bit like my Mysore Sandal Soap from India.

4. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

That's the good stuff. Good to know and I'll be looking to get that!

Thanks again..:thumbup1:

5. If you like, I would be happy to send you a penny sample to sniff.

6. If you the scent of Sandalwood you may probably like this product. Even I don't come across this soap often in india but I am not a big fan of scent and don't try to chase it. In fairness this is what real sandalwood smells like.
    Mysore Sandal has a new soap, and it's awesome

7. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

I'd love to try it. I'll pm you my address. Thank you for the generous offer!

8. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

PM sent and thank you so much for the generous offer. :thumbup1:

9. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

Thank you for the link. I'll have to read it and give the soap a try.
    :thumbup1:

10. Thanks for reminding me. I have two bars of the Millennium, so I'll cut a piece off for Dragonsbeard as well!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  11. +1 on that.

12. Here is a sandalwood patchouli I use.

57EDB20F-6C6A-4EFD-9BB5-C7B57D724E8C.jpeg

13. That one is good, as well!

14. Since we have such a great cloud of witnesses for our Dear Sandalwood, let us proclaim Sandalwood Sundays.
    All those in favor say; "Aye."

15. Heck, I would be more than happy to do a Sandalwood September! But Sundays work as well.
    "Aye"!

16. Hmm...You're right an entire month is more appropriate plus every Sunday.

17. :001_tt1::a14::001_tt1::a14:

18. I'm going to look or Sandolo.

19. Another vote for AOS original tallow sandalwood. I was able to find 4 pucks on eBay in the last year. Smells great and makes a great, slick lather. I have been using it quite a bit lately.

20. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

I say
    I'll say Aye for Sandalwood Sundays this month!

Good idea :a14: