What's new

Looking for Gillette Aristocrat that shaves the same as Gillette Tech

Hey guys! Just wanted to ask does the Gillette Aristocrats 1946-47 shave the same as a Gilltte Tech? I bought a Gilette travel tech circa 1966 i believe and I love how mild and efficient it is. However I would like aTTO Gilette specifically an aristocrat that shaves similarly. I have an Aristocrat 1948-1949 but I'm looking for something milder. I heard that the 1946-1947 are milder than the one I have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of my tech for reference.

Hey there.. it is tough to say it "shaves like" as it has a very different head design and way more weight to it. If you are wanting an Aristocrat that is closest to a tech in aggressiveness, the 46-47 is your best bet. I would put it in between a pre war and post war Tech in terms of aggressiveness, closer to the post war. That said, with a bigger head design and much more weight, it is a different animal indeed. I believe many prefer the 48-49, so you may be able to post a WTT post in the Buy Sell and get an offer.

Best. JM

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hey guys! Just wanted to ask does the Gillette Aristocrats 1946-47 shave the same as a Gilltte Tech? I bought a Gilette travel tech circa 1966 i believe and I love how mild and efficient it is. However I would like aTTO Gilette specifically an aristocrat that shaves similarly. I have an Aristocrat 1948-1949 but I'm looking for something milder. I heard that the 1946-1947 are milder than the one I have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of my tech for reference.
Mildest Aristocrat would be the 4th generation British Aristocrat typically found in a #22 set or a #66 set.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I have an Aristocrat 1948-1949 but I'm looking for something milder. I heard that the 1946-1947 are milder than the one I have.
I have a 1948-1949 Aristocrat that I find fairly mild, and I also have two Super Speed Flair Tips, one is an A4, the other is a Z3. You would think they shave the same, but they don't. The A4 is my Birth Year Razor, but I prefer the Z3.

One thing I have noticed with Gillette TTO razors is that if they were handled roughly by their owners, ie. tossed around on the sink, the guard bar tends to get bent and makes the razor more aggressive. Your Aristocrat might just need a tune-up.

Man I need a shave

doug

Top Bottom