What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Looking for fellow Canadians

Checking in from North Vancouver! Once this COVID stuff blows over (it already blows goats) I am into a meetup. Good health to all!

Has anyone found a decent source for GEM blades in Canada ? I've been looking a little bit, not a lot, however have not had much success. I found some from the USA at bullgooseshaving.com, it's qty 100 for $25 USD which is acceptable, however "international shipping" is another $15.70 which I find is a bit... silly. Or are people simply using industrial ones like from American Line etc. , Amazon.ca has a number of those, but typically carbon steel not stainless steel.

Greetings! I grew up in southern Ontario, but have lived in southern BC for 30 years now. Good luck on your venture, hope it works out. 🇨🇦

Also found some at a shop out of BC called Copper Hat Shaving, might go with them. QTY 5 for 4$ and 5$ shipping, so no exchange rate and no surprise fees crossing the border. 100 would be (carry the 1, subtract the 0...) $85 CAD plus taxes vs $40 USD plus taxes an unknown brokerage fees etc when crossing the border. $40 USD is ~54$ CAD, credit card will put an exchange fee on top of that, decisions...

Has anyone found a decent source for GEM blades in Canada ? I've been looking a little bit, not a lot, however have not had much success. I found some from the USA at bullgooseshaving.com, it's qty 100 for $25 USD which is acceptable, however "international shipping" is another $15.70 which I find is a bit... silly. Or are people simply using industrial ones like from American Line etc. , Amazon.ca has a number of those, but typically carbon steel not stainless steel.
When I ordered some a few years ago, the best price with shipping was from Connaught in the UK. Had 100 blades for $27 CDN.

The service was quick, and I have been happy with them. Now it was a few years ago, and with the pandemic I do not know how shipping would be affected.

Also found some at a shop out of BC called Copper Hat Shaving, might go with them. QTY 5 for 4$ and 5$ shipping, so no exchange rate and no surprise fees crossing the border. 100 would be (carry the 1, subtract the 0...) $85 CAD plus taxes vs $40 USD plus taxes an unknown brokerage fees etc when crossing the border. $40 USD is ~54$ CAD, credit card will put an exchange fee on top of that, decisions...
Their Coastal Fair is my favourite soap.

[hand up]

Canadian, aye. Up the North Thompson valley north of Kamloops. Black Pines isn't on the map, but Vinsulla across the river (and smaller) is.

Or, to explain for the Lower Mainlanders, "beyond Hope."

About 200 km beyond.

O.H.

Top Bottom