What's new

Looking for cream recommendations

So far I have tried a couple of cremo shave creams and a Taylor of old Bond street. I did not care for the cremo but I love the Taylor. However I would like to expand out and try other brands. So based on my preferences so far what would you guys recommend. I've been using the Taylor Sandlwood. I love the classic scents.

ToOBS is good stuff. I started out using a lot of their creams... most get little time in my cream/soap rotation now. But the only cream that is frequently used is La Toja. Smells great, performs awesomely and is cheap! Ihave traveled a lot for work, and that is what I always take with me, as well.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I like clean, soapy scents, and if you do to, then I'd recommend Palmolive and LEA Professional. For more specific scents, I REALLY like Cyril R Salter Rose -- and I'm sure CRS other fragrances are just as nice. All of those aforementioned creams lather well and easily.

For classic scents I’d recommend D R Harris’s Marlborough and Geo F Trumper’s Spanish Leather creams. They’re great performing and Spanish Leather is really close scentwise to Imperial Leather soap. In the case of Marlborough it’s a great mix of sandalwood and cedarwood and there are some citrus notes in it too. Trumper’s Violet cream is really nice too and the fact it’s violet coloured adds to the appeal.

I like clean, soapy scents, and if you do to, then I'd recommend Palmolive and LEA Professional. For more specific scents, I REALLY like Cyril R Salter Rose -- and I'm sure CRS other fragrances are just as nice. All of those aforementioned creams lather well and easily.

They are! I was going to recommend Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood as the OP likes TOBS Sandalwood and classic scents. Their Wild Rose is a great smelling cream though, one of my favourites.

For cheaper options I agree that Palmolive is a great cream. I’ve found the same with Ingram’s despite it looking a bit runny when it comes out of the tube.

Stone Cottage makes great creams. I especially like Hesperide and Musk. I also enjoy Trumper, Castle Forbes, Lea, La Toja and Barberry Coast (among others).

Its pricy, but more than worth it. The best shaving cream I have ever used, hands down.

t6fomxfijwgjpkepytgt.jpg

If it's too pricy for you, then any of the British creams will give you an incredible shave, personal favorites include Trumper's GFT and Spanish Leather, TOBS Jermyn St and Sandalwood or Cyril R Salters Rose or Indian Sandalwood.

I have a tub of Truefitt & Hill 1850 in transit. It’s supposed to be very good, but I have not actually tried it yet. LEA is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I love the Taylor. However I would like to expand out and try other brands. So based on my preferences so far what would you guys recommend. I've been using the Taylor Sandlwood. I love the classic scents.

Well, give both Truefitt & Hill and DR Harris a go ... both "classic" English brands like TOBS that make great creams.

If you like classic scents, try a tube of Musgo Real shave cream. There are several different scents, but the classic is probably the most classic (but they all are old-world-cool)

Well, give both Truefitt & Hill and DR Harris a go ... both "classic" English brands like TOBS that make great creams.

If you like classic scents, try a tube of Musgo Real shave cream. There are several different scents, but the classic is probably the most classic (but they all are old-world-cool)
I will try these as well. The TOBS sandlwood just reminds me so much of going to the barbershop with my grandfather when I was little. I think it's the nostalgia that makes me like them so much.

I know you said you tried TOBs.... but have you tried their Royal Forest Shave Cream!?!? Smells just like Creed Aventus. They even have a matching aftershave balm for it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The TOBS sandlwood just reminds me so much of going to the barbershop with my grandfather when I was little. I think it's the nostalgia that makes me like them so much.

There is something particular about the TOBS sandalwood cream/soap that is to me very reminiscent of "retired English Colonel".

1588034819998.png

Daimon Barber Shave Cream

This cream is the best - last for ages as a little goes along way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom