What's new

Looking for cologne recommendations

Good Afternoon everyone and Happy Fathers Day!

With summer here in Texas I am looking for recommendations for a summer cologne. Here is what I use in my rotation:

chanel de blue Parfum with aftershave balm

polo green after shave balm

Colognes that I have

Tom Ford
Tom For Noir
Tom Ford Velviter
Brooks Brothers 1818
Karl Largerfeld
Hanei Mori
Polo Gold Label
TB St. Kitts

Samples
D&G Light Blue
Prada carbon
Polo deep blue

also what is the difference between an antiperspirant and deodorant? Which is better and what do you recommend?

Are you looking for something in line with what you own, or something outside the box that might fill in some gaps?

As far as antiperspirant vs deodorant, antiperspirant is designed to stop your armpits from sweating. Deodorant will allow you to sweat but is designed to decrease the accompanying odor. Ingredients in many antiperspirants are irritants for me, so I've become a deodorant user.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

With summer here in Texas I am looking for recommendations for a summer cologne. Here is what I use in my rotation:

Colognes that I have

Tom Ford
Tom For Noir
Tom Ford Velviter
Brooks Brothers 1818
Karl Largerfeld
Hanei Mori
Polo Gold Label
TB St. Kitts

Samples
D&G Light Blue
Prada carbon
Polo deep blue

also what is the difference between an antiperspirant and deodorant? Which is better and what do you recommend?

So many questions...what are you looking for? More designer scents? Or niche? Price range? Any notes you hate or particularly love?

As far as deodorant vs antiperspirant goes, don't do antiperspirant. The way these products achieve the effect is by clogging your pores. Armpits are an important detox point for the human body, so you are not allowing your body to expel the stuff it wants out. Not a good idea. I have been using a handful of natural products over the last few years. The one that is awesome is Men's Science Advanced Deodorant. Goes on clear and easy, doesn't stain your clothes, but pretty expensive. Nowadays I use mostly Native Deodorant. That one does not go on clear and will eventually stain your clothes, despite what Native Marketing says. But it is relatively inexpensive.

Colognes that I have

Tom Ford
Tom For Noir
Tom Ford Velviter
Brooks Brothers 1818
Karl Largerfeld
Hanei Mori
Polo Gold Label
TB St. Kitts

Samples
D&G Light Blue
Prada carbon
Polo deep blue

Start with Nautica Voyage. It’s cheap, easy to find, and pretty damn awesome. Might as well drop another $20 on Cool Water while your at it. Both are usually right next to each other at the rack stores. Don’t let “cheap“ or”rack store” deter you. This stuff is good.

Next, go to a Grey Market online frag website and drop $45 on Milestone by Armaf. It’s a dead nuts accurate (close enough anyway!) homage to Creed Miliseme Imperial, which is a summer legend.

With these three in hand you’ll smell like a million bucks all summer long for less than a C-Note. Plus, you’ll have a great idea about what you’re looking for to branch out further.

Top Bottom