What's new

Looking for blade gap, NOT blade exposure

I don’t own that razor, but have you seen the blade gap on the Stirling stainless Highly Aggressive? It’s unmatched in my collection, including the Mergress opened up.
Of course, for those of us steep angle shavers who are into EXTREMEs, ya can't beat the good ol' "no guard" with its gap. :cornut:
Tech-Devette+Feather-2_Bright30.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It's not all about gap and blade exposure.
That is the truth. I've learned to quit perceiving what a razor will shave like given gap and exposure. I've been suprised many times. Most recently by the Tatara Matasume. Shaved not much different in closeness than a Blackbird. Totally different feel while doing it, but the result was the same. The Tatara if not done lightly would leave me with more post shave irritation, the Blackbird less and the R41 even less. Yet the order of comfort DURING the shave was Tatara --> Blackbird --> R41. Post shave comfort was R41 --> Blackbird --> Tatara.

I care more about what my face feels like 10 minutes after the shave than during the shave. If I could find the AS-D2 feeling during the shave and the R41 feel after the shave, that would be the grail.

Top Bottom