What's new

Looking for Bay Rum

Hi,
It's getting cold so I feel using a bay rum shaving soap.
I could find the new Bay Rum by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements in the new CK-6 formula or the Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum.
I can't chose because I don't know either of the two.
First of all I'm looking for a top quality soap and then for a nice fragrance not to synthetic or smelly.
Could you help me choosing or recommending something else?

Thanks

For scent I recommend Captain's Choice: Bay Rum, although it's still an excellent performer. This is definitely the best Bay Rum aroma I've experienced as it's not insanely clove heavy.

For performance Murphy and McNeil: Bad Mor (M&M's take on Bay Rum) their Kodiak base is the best performing shaving soap I've ever personally encountered.

Last edited:
I like Master Bay Rum. Found several bottles in the bargain-bin at Sally Beauty a while back. I think it averaged out to ~$3/bottle.

Absolutely love the Captain's Choice Bay Rum Soap and splash. I got a bunch of Classic Shaving Soap from Classic Shaving dot com. The Bay Rum scent is not remarkable, but the performance is amazing. Col Conk has a bay rum which is almost non-existent for scent, but a decent soap.

here are the few bay rum soaps and creams that I've tried.
generally, good, but none outstanding, imho.
somehow, for me, the bay rum scent does not translate into a dynamite soap.
perhaps the nicest of the bunch is mike's.

bay rum soaps.jpg

My personal favorite is Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay. The performance is stellar and the smell is just right.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recommend two Bay Rum soaps:

Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny

Both soaps are good performers and smell wonderful.

PAA atomic age bay rum is so good. Make sure to get the Ck-6 I have a lot of different and I really like this one. Stirling also makes a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAA atomic age bay rum is so good. Make sure to get the Ck-6 I have a lot of different and I really like this one. Stirling also makes a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO ck6 is the best soap base I've ever tried. I nearly exclusively shave with some variant of it.

Top Bottom