What's new

Looking for another OC razor

I have a 2011 Muhle R41 that is a very aggressive razor, that gives a really close shave. The only thing is that I find it way too aggressive for me to use. Don't get me wrong, the shave is very very close, I just find it too uncomfortable for me to use. Even with my extremely light touch its just too irritating on my face. So for that reason I'll be listing it on the B/S/T soon. I would like to replace it with another OC razor that will give a close shave but without the irritation. I now have the Merkur 11C, and the Merkur 1904 OC. Both are good razors, the 11C is very nice, and the 1904 is quite mild. I'm looking for an OC that will be close to the 11C but a little more agressive without being as bad as the Merkur R41.

I'm hoping for some help from the members who can guide me to such an OC razor. I'm looking for something that is currently available from any of the manufacturers/vendors, and is a new OC razor. If possible could any of you gents help out? Also could you list sites where I can view such a razor? Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. In looking around at different OC razors, I came across the Fatip Piccolo, at the Italian Barber. This looks like something that might fit what I'm looking for. Does anyone out there have any info. on this one? Or does anyone own this OC?

Last edited:
You might want to try the new Parker 26c or 24c open comb. It has been getting great reviews here. You can get it at Bullgoose or Amazon.
Just do a search on it.

My first thought was the Gillette NEW, but it sounds like vintage is off the table?

The Fatip might be too much like the R41 for your taste. At least I find it has a lot of blade exposure and is not at all forgiving.

A heavier 11c sounds just right, if such a thing could be arranged. The Merkur_12 might have been perfect, but it has been discontinued for a while now. What about a 15, 25, or 30 with an aftermarket handle to increase the weight? You could try a heavier handle with the 1904 first, and see what you think.

The RazoRock Jaws might be a good fit for you. Not as aggressive as the Fatip and R41, but still very efficient and smooth. And it won't break the bank - the head is the same as the Cadet OC, so that choice, at a few dollars less, is also pretty good.

Have fun on your hunt!

I own a FaTip Piccolo. It is very efficient and super super smooth.
These days, I mostly use SEs and straights so I would happily trade my FaTip with you if you have something interesting to exchange :)

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Being as impulsive as I am I went and ordered the FaTip last night from Italian Barber. With shipping it was less than $30.00, so we'll see how it works out. Thanks again.

Top Bottom