What's new

Looking for an unscented shaving soap without Tallow

Good evening and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Do you have recommendations on a good, unscented, or mildly scented shave soap, without tallow (at least not Beef tallow), that will later up well?

I am trying to shave with a Double Edged introductory/entry level Weishi safety razor and looking for a good lather. I am currently using Gillette Foamy as the shaving foam, but want to try a good soap or equivalent.

Preferably something that is available in the US, as I am not across the pond in the U.K right now.

Thank you and have a good evening,

James

Try Oleo Soapworks Canard based or unscented Caties Bubbles for a vegan option. Grooming Dept has excellent duck tallow base but is hard to get a hold of as it sells out very quickly.

Soap Commander Integrity (unscented) doesn't have tallow and is a large 6oz tub. Easy to lather and great post shave feel.

- Karve Diem, M. BOSC

Hi, I came across Saponificio Bignoli brand and they make an unscented soap. It is more a croap. I was very impressed with it. Very easy to load , loads of luxurious lather and very reasonably priced .

L'Occitane Cade Soap - not the cream. It's about $15.00/puck, lightly scented, slick, and lathers well.

Try Pacific Shaving Cream Natural. It is a vegan cream that is available at CVS or any drug store.

Great stuff.

Good evening and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Do you have recommendations on a good, unscented, or mildly scented shave soap, without tallow (at least not Beef tallow), that will later up well?

I am trying to shave with a Double Edged introductory/entry level Weishi safety razor and looking for a good lather. I am currently using Gillette Foamy as the shaving foam, but want to try a good soap or equivalent.

Preferably something that is available in the US, as I am not across the pond in the U.K right now.

Thank you and have a good evening,

James
Worth every penny:

Unscented Shaving Soap Refill 3.3 oz | The Art of Shaving

In addition to the comments about WSP and Haslinger, St, Charles Shave and Mama Bear have good unscented shaving soaps.

Plenty of excellent artisan unscented soaps. If you are pressed for time you can walk into any Bed Bath and Beyond with a Face Values section and pick up a puck of Van Der Hagen Luxury unscented for about $5. It's pretty good, can't beat it for the price.

Good morning,

I am keen to try a Haslinger's shaving soap - which one is without Beef tallow and the most suitable for sensitive skin (low or no fragrance)

I am not sure if this question is allowed, but which online retailer (in the U.S) would you recommend to purchase Haslinger?

Thank you

Top Bottom