What's new

Looking for an unscented cream

Hello all,

One thing people that know me would say is that I have a passion(obsession) for fragrance and, besides watches, is probably my main collecting hobby.

Like a fine cigar or pipe tobacco, fragrances can be especially nuanced and I don't like my shave products to interfere(or at least not too much) with the fragrance I wear on the day.

So any recommendations are very welcome.

Thanks!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
If you want a "black hole" of scent seriously consider Xpec unscented. A bit hard to source and not cheap, but an outstanding performer and all but scentless.

Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort is scent-neutral and is a great cream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... for the reminder. I totally forgot I had a tub of that sat in a box of stuff I ordered from them in the past.

I bought several of their fragrances but tend not to use them, so they are sat in a box and the cream was in there too.

ok, and if i can ask, what do you like to use for bath soap and shampoo?

and, i presume, you change colognes from day to day?

Soap I use Dove. It isn't unscented but it's very, very faint. Shampoo I am not entirely sure without looking, but something I know by sight(to grab when shopping) as it is also quite scent-neutral.

I tend to use a fragrance on a monthly basis before alternating to another and then repeating. There are some exceptions, for example, if I am going out or just out and about on the weekends.

I typically use Dior Sauvage EDP, Bleu de Chanel EDP and Tom Ford Ombré Leather for work. Outside of that it depends on the function, but Bleu de Chanel is a nice all-rounder for the weekends and Armani Code Profumo or Dolce & Gabbana The One for nights out.

Soap I use Dove. It isn't unscented but it's very, very faint. Shampoo I am not entirely sure without looking, but something I know by sight(to grab when shopping) as it is also quite scent-neutral....

Thanks, Sir Roll, for the additional helpful info!

FWIW, here are some random thoughts....

-Since you're lucky to live in the UK, you have a plethora of local shaving options. Take a day to visit the shave shops in London and you can easily test a wide range of creams to see what might work for you!!

-While I'm certainly not as fragrance-aware as you are, I find that, for the vast majority of shave soaps and creams, the soap fragrance is short-lived and does not persist to any significant extent after the shave. You seem to echo this since you do not have much scent hang-over from your shower soaps and shampoos. I submit, many popular shave creams are in this same scent-strength category.

-Indeed, scent longevity is essentially nil for most of the 'straight' citrus scents, eg lemon, lime especially, that i've used over time. On the other hand, the 'deeper' floral and woody scents tend to be longer-lasting, so you might steer clear of these.

-Also, for me, it seems that scents in creams are stronger than in the respective shave soaps. To this end, you might consider some relatively neutral shave soap, eg MWF or Haslinger Schafmilch.

-Recently TOBS is listing an 'organic and fragrance-free' cream (below), which you might try.

Enjoy your journey!!

organic.jpg

-

I live just outside of Peterborough in England, United Kingdom.
I had the pleasure of living just outside Huntington for three years while I was stationed at Molesworth. I still miss the marvelous pubs in that area.
As for unscented creams, I'm a big fan of both Art of Shaving and the TOBS Organic.

Meissner tremonia makes two unscented. I prefer the ‘pots of milk’ over the unscented but that is my personal preference.

New York Shaving and Gentlemen's Refinery are two other unscented cream options. NYS is highly rated on other boards, though I have not seen much about it here. Finally, Cremo has a new (to me) unscented product. Cremo is slick as snot but hasn't much cushion.

Top Bottom