What's new

Looking for an unscented AS splash

I found one on the market -- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Sin". A very nice product, and no scent. It seems to be unavailable. There are a several good unscented ASBs, but unscented AS splashes are not common. There are unscented Witch Hazels available...and they are nice to use.

Anyone know of any other AS splashes that are unscented?

You can make your own aftershave splash by combining witch hazel, glycerin, aloe vera, and rubbing alcohol. If your skin is sensitive, go easy on the rubbing alcohol or avoid it altogether. Many commercial and artisan aftershaves are high in alcohol content and irritate my face.

I typically add ten drops of vegetable glycerin to 4 ounces of witch hazel and use that as my aftershave splash, but you can experiment to find what works best for your skin.

Iif you wish, you can add a few drops of essential oils to produce a lightly scented product, but be careful to avoid any scents that might irritate your skin if you are sensitive to certain fragrances.

Unfortunately, with the coronavirus outbreak and the shortage of hand sanitizer, many people are purchasing rubbing alcohol, witch hazel, glycerin, and aloe vera to produce a DIY sanitizer. Thus, ingredients that were once readily available may be scarce.

I think Stirling has one. Their aftershaves are great.
Speick is great. It does have a very mild medicinal/herbal type scent that really doesn’t last beyond a few minutes.

martin de candre kai merkur truefitt hill penhaligon english fern thayer may 21 2015.jpg

Do you have fragrance sensitivity? If you don't and are just looking for something that nobody's going to be able to smell, you might try Lucky Tiger. It has a very mild orange scent that, for me at least, lasts about three minutes.

Fine Accoutrements has their snake bite which i believe is unscented. But as someone said you can make your own very cheaply.

Everclear
Unscented witch hazel
glycerin drops
aloe vera

Unfortunately, with the coronavirus outbreak and the shortage of hand sanitizer, many people are purchasing rubbing alcohol, witch hazel, glycerin, and aloe vera to produce a DIY sanitizer. Thus, ingredients that were once readily available may be scarce.
Truth. I picked a terrible time to finally decide I wanted to try a generic witch hazel as a toner, all sold out everywhere I've looked. On the bright side, it has prompted me to start buying after shave splashes instead, I've found I quite enjoy trying new ones out.

I was going to mention PAA Snake Bite as a potential unscented A.S. for the O.P. to try but I see someone else has already beat me to it.

Fine Snakebite--smells of menthol for maybe five minutes, after that, can't notice a scent. Another idea, a witch hazel toner has a minor earthy scent for a few minutes.

Hand sanitizer.

Seriously. It has about 85% alcohol, no scent whatsoever, and contains stuff that re-hydrates the skin.

Try it! Splash some on and tell me if I am wrong!

Top Bottom