What's new

Looking for an inexpensive razor that gives smooth BBS shaves?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Although most of what I have is modern.

But when it comes to low prices and high quality, it must be vintage.
For example, my gillette slim only costs $7

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
You paid 7 USD for a Slim?
Or do you mean a Slim Twist?

My J4 slim.
The previous owner only sold it because the gap was slightly tilted, and I adjusted it slightly with a table knife to get it back to work.

I believe that there will be similar good luck in backyard auctions or in some places. After all, not everyone understands the beauty of vintage gillette.
85161879_2825445607494324_4812302471944732672_o.jpg

If you want a real BBS with two passes then you have to go either with iKon Tech or R41. iKon Tech will never give you a smooth shave, but R41 will, if you will get experienced.

Another razor that can give you a BBS (in two passes) is Merkur Progress if you use it at4+. If you are a beginner I would suggest to begin at +.

In case you are an average shaver, then the best to try is a Fatip OC Slant. Smooth and efficient. In two passes you can get a BBS. The best value for money razor you can get IMO.

I'm looking for a cheap car that handles like a Mercedes.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I've never tried a cheap razor and never will. I can tell you that no razor will "give" you a BBS. That comes from good technique and gets easier the closer you match the needs of your face/beard to your razor/blade/technique.

Good luck in your search. One of the things missing in cheap stuff is quality control, so if you find one that doesn't feel good that can either mean it's the wrong fit, or you got a bad one.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that point.
I have several very inexpensive shavettes and I get a superb, smooth shave out if all of them. You don't have to buy an expensive razor to get a great shave.

I found the Yaqi Tech is incredibly cheap, shaves like a pro and is now one of my favorite razors. for $8 I can afford to have the zinc rot out on it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that point.
I have several very inexpensive shavettes and I get a superb, smooth shave out if all of them. You don't have to buy an expensive razor to get a great shave.

I totally agree. I have a few fine razors under $50 that worked for me. I no longer use them as I've found razors that work better for me, but your point is well taken.

I've heard of $200 guitars that sound as good as $1,200 guitars - but not all $200 guitars do. Some, in fact, sound like $100 guitars. That's the problem with lower levels of quality control: some will swing above their price point and a few will swing below.

I've often taken that risk, but not with razors. At heart I'm not that much of a gambler.

Another great, cheap razor is the one I used this morning: The Silver Star. Oddly enough, mine is in gold. But nevertheless, this is a can do razor and I rarely see it priced over $20 on various "auction" sites. They are plentiful and work exceedingly well for me.

Top Bottom