What's new

Looking for an inexpensive razor that gives smooth BBS shaves?

Achieving a BBS shave without irritation is more about technique than it is about the razor. With proper technique, a great lather and the right blade for the razor, nearly any razor that is not defective can be used to achieve a BBS shave. However, the design of some razors makes that task easier than others.

Check this out. I shaved half my face with my "new" Gillette Tech and half with this. Both very smooth. This shaves closer but the Tech is definitely safer. Good when you're not in a hurry.
It claims to be "high quality stainless steel" right under a picture of the razor's head. It's hard to believe that you could get a stainless steel razor for that price.

It claims to be "high quality stainless steel" right under a picture of the razor's head. It's hard to believe that you could get a stainless steel razor for that price.
That claim is totally false. It is a generic Chinese razor head similar to the Maggard V3-A. It's the usual zamak with chrome plating, rough in all the places you don't see. For the money, it is a good value.

:chinese: :chinese:
Just tell them stainless steel. Too difficult to explain to foreigners.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm looking for a cheap car that handles like a Mercedes.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I've never tried a cheap razor and never will. I can tell you that no razor will "give" you a BBS. That comes from good technique and gets easier the closer you match the needs of your face/beard to your razor/blade/technique.

Good luck in your search. One of the things missing in cheap stuff is quality control, so if you find one that doesn't feel good that can either mean it's the wrong fit, or you got a bad one.

Top Bottom