What's new

Looking for an approximation to Skin Bracer Wild Moss

A few of years ago my grandmother gave me a box of toiletries that had belonged to my grandfather. Among them was an almost full bottle of Skin Bracer Wild Moss aftershave. I loved the scent and carefully rationed it out over time until it ran out. I'm due to buy a new bottle of AS soon and I'd like to pick up something similar, since I don't fancy paying 30+ and postage for a half empty bottle of the original on ebay. If any of you gents have used Wild Moss in the past and know of similar smelling products please let me know.
proxy.php

I'll be watching this thread because of Okiestubble's post.

When I was a kid my father sought out a sensitive aftershave and my great aunt sold Avon at the time. She sold him an Avon aftershave balm that, to my memory, smelled exactly like Booster's Mosswood. He didn't use it that much for whatever reason but when he and my mother divorced when I was 12 there was still a nearly full bottle of it in the medicine cabinet. I started shaving at the same age and used that balm. I loved the scent.

I have Penhaligon's English Fern and Trumpers' Wild Fern and I love them (for other nostalgic reasons I won't get into here) but they are not quite the same as that old Avon's aftershave nor Booster Mosswood.

I'd love to buy something that smells like Booster Mosswood but isn't the actual Boosters because Booster's aftershaves are laden with glycerin and my skin doesn't like glycerin aftershaves.

Seems there's nothing out there so I'll wait.

Chris

A few of years ago my grandmother gave me a box of toiletries that had belonged to my grandfather. Among them was an almost full bottle of Skin Bracer Wild Moss aftershave. I loved the scent and carefully rationed it out over time until it ran out. I'm due to buy a new bottle of AS soon and I'd like to pick up something similar, since I don't fancy paying 30+ and postage for a half empty bottle of the original on ebay. If any of you gents have used Wild Moss in the past and know of similar smelling products please let me know.
proxy.php
So I just bought a vintage discontinued Skin Bracer gift set that included Wild Moss. As soon as I put it on I was instantly reminded of Pinaud Clubman. They are extremely similar

So I just bought a vintage discontinued Skin Bracer gift set that included Wild Moss. As soon as I put it on I was instantly reminded of Pinaud Clubman. They are extremely similar

Then the OP can order a sample of Clubman's from Maggards for $2 and try it out.

I'd love to buy something that smells like Booster Mosswood but isn't the actual Boosters because Booster's aftershaves are laden with glycerin and my skin doesn't like glycerin aftershaves.

There’s no glycerin in Booster Mosswood. In fact, I have 4 Booster aftershave, and of them Polar Ice, is the only one that lists glycerin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About a year ago, at an antique store, I ran across a gift set that had bottle of Wild Moss in it. It looked like it was unopened and it was only a dollar so I bought it. I found the scent to be very nice but I don't use it very much because, when it's gone, it's gone.

I'm not a fan of Pinaud Clubman, so that's not what I'm smelling.

I do have a ton of Avon, so I'm curious as to which one smells like Wild Moss.

There’s no glycerin in Booster Mosswood. In fact, I have 4 Booster aftershave, and of them Polar Ice, is the only one that lists glycerin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Maybe they reformulated their aftershaves? Years ago they all had it in there, from what I remember. Maybe I'll give it a try now and see how I fair.

Thanks again,
Chris

Top Bottom