What's new

Looking for an Almond Shaving Soap/Cream

I have a number of shaving soaps/creams but non with an almond scent and want to add one to my rotation. Thinking of either TOBS, Stirling or Cella. I would appreciate any thoughts on these or others I should consider.

I know I can buy more than one but still am new to wet shaving and want to put a dent into some of the ones I have bought to date, before buying too many more.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have to agree with the above, in that TOBS and Cella are some classics that are well thought of here on B&B. Also, Razorock has a couple that are inexpensive. Razorock's take on P.160 can be found, has a marzipan scent, is tallow based, and will run you at most $10. The Razorock Classic is also almond/marzipan scented, but is a non-tallow soap, and the price is about the same. They are croaps, so a soft soap. The TOBS is a cream and will provide very easy lather. Cella is one I have yet to try and from what I understand comes in a cream and soap.

I agree with Jim, all three are excellent soaps at very reasonable prices. If you like the smell of marzipan, go for the Cella.

My vote is for Cella as well. I am really enjoying Razorock soaps right now, but i still give a very slight edge to Cella. Cella soap is also a bit firmer to me than Razorock croaps.

For a hard soap, it's hard to beat D. R. Harris almond. The aroma of my puck is very faint. Great performance. For a richer scent and very good performance, Cella, a softer soap, is my favorite.

Funny you should ask about Almond, because some of my favorite soaps regardless of scent come in slight almond scent. There are these great Italian ones:

Antica Barbieria Colla (ABC) [one of my favorites out of the 50+ soaps I've tried]
Boellis Panama 1924 [also one of my top favorites out of the 50+ soaps I've tried]
Cella [also very good and my travel soap in the convenient small red plastic container]

Also very good is D.R. Harris

I suspect many other brands have an almond soap, but I know all the above either come only in almond or are best known for Almond.

AJ

TOBS for performance, Cella for scent. They both work great, but I think Cella smells better, and TOBS gave me better shaves. YMMV.

The best almond cream in my opinion is Antica Barbieria Colla. However, it is a bit pricey.
For a budget conscious purchase I would recommend Cella.
Good luck!

Cella is a great bargain, fantastic performance for the price, and the scent is nice.

But I'd have to say that Antica Barbieria Colla is much better. At a higher price though.

Top Bottom