What's new

Looking for an affordable backup razor

My ‘travel‘ razor is a Lord L6 ($6 on Amazon today)! This is a great shaver in mild/moderate range. :a29:
+1 The Lord L6 is a great razor. Even though it is my travel razor, I still pull it out occasionally for a nice shave, and I am never disappointed.

It could be a good opportunity to branch out and try something out of modern production. Some of the modern CNC cut stainless steel razors are wonderful shavers. They would add another dimension to you collection.

I've now been using the switch for about a month. Just wanted to update.

It's great. But for me, in comparison to the vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable that I use on 1 and 2 and at MOST at 3, this feels like the Gillette's 4. So, too aggressive for me. Don't know if I can return it and get something more appropriate for my face. In shavette mode it's interesting but my lack of experience gives me tiny nicks all over.

Anyway just thought I'd share the experience. Clever, and I've been getting decent shaves in safety razor mode but it's more aggressive than I'd like.

What setting do your use your slims on. That will help to know what type of razor you'd hopefully agree with as a backup.

Edit just saw you use setting 1, 2 or maybe 3 so Gillette tech would be good match or a Gillette Superspeed. But tech would be the cheapest as there seems to be 100 million out there. Probably the most abundant razor from gillette and cheap.

What setting do your use your slims on. That will help to know what type of razor you'd hopefully agree with as a backup.

Edit just saw you use setting 1, 2 or maybe 3 so Gillette tech would be good match or a Gillette Superspeed. But tech would be the cheapest as there seems to be 100 million out there. Probably the most abundant razor from gillette and cheap.
Hmm...wouldnt know what to look for but I can start to do some research. Last time I used one was 20 years ago when I worked in the watch and jewelry department of a department store where I grew up in Toronto.

Sounds like the Lord L6 would suit you and can also double as a travel razor.
There is also the King C Gillette recently released through many retail outlets and online at ~$25. Should be available in your region.
KCG.JPG

I have three different English Gillette Tech's.
One aluminum Ball End, one brass Ball End and one Fat Handle.
The aluminum Tech is the mildest of the three and the brass Tech is the most aggressive.
If you can find an aluminum Tech just buy it, so mild and smooth.
My next recommendation is Lord L5 Tech-clone.

Top Bottom