What's new

Looking for Aliexpress alternative?

I have used AliExpress for years, making the occasional purchase of goods that are not readily available in US. Stuff that might be found on Amzn or ebay, but more often found at a lower price on Aliexpress. In recent months when trying to purchase things (non-shaving items) it always fails with "Error Code: CSC_7200029". Looks like they can no longer process credit card transactions and they don't care to fix it. I tried using their smartphone app and received the same error.

Is there a good alternative ecommerce site for Chinese made items that one does not want to purchase from ebay or Amzn? I did a little searching and found that Shopee is not available in US. Taobao uses Chinese (no English) on its platform. I did find the item I was interested in on DHGate but the savings is not enough over Amzn to sign up on a new unknown-to-me platform.

This happened to me, if you call up your credit card issuer you should be able to fix it, allowing the payment to go through.
I have called an issuer before, that was over a year ago and they said no charge attempt had been made against the card. At that time I switched to a secondary CC that had little to no extra benefits (no cash back, points) and that card worked. Now I cannot get any card to work. The error response is returned quickly, also giving the impression that no attempt is made to complete the transaction.

I tried once again before giving up and ordering the item from Amzn. My regular credit card failed again same way as before. I saw that they accept Discover so I took that card out of storage. And it was accepted without any questions or security checks, so I was able to complete my purchase.

I am not sure what is going on, but for me they had issues accepting Mastercard or Visa, but did accept Discover.

I have used AliExpress for years, making the occasional purchase of goods that are not readily available in US. Stuff that might be found on Amzn or ebay, but more often found at a lower price on Aliexpress. In recent months when trying to purchase things (non-shaving items) it always fails with "Error Code: CSC_7200029". Looks like they can no longer process credit card transactions and they don't care to fix it. I tried using their smartphone app and received the same error.

Is there a good alternative ecommerce site for Chinese made items that one does not want to purchase from ebay or Amzn? I did a little searching and found that Shopee is not available in US. Taobao uses Chinese (no English) on its platform. I did find the item I was interested in on DHGate but the savings is not enough over Amzn to sign up on a new unknown-to-me platform.
Do you have Paypal?
Aliexpress accepts it as most every other online shop.
That's what I use for all online purchases. It's secure because the only one that has your
credit card and/or bank account information is Paypal. The vendor/payment processing service
won't have access to your accounts.
If you use Paypal you can keep buying on Aliexpress without any of those issues and you won't have to
look for any other alternative ecommerce site.
LRod

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Do you have Paypal?
Aliexpress accepts it as most every other online shop.
That's what I use for all online purchases. It's secure because the only one that has your
credit card and/or bank account information is Paypal. The vendor/payment processing service
won't have access to your accounts.
If you use Paypal you can keep buying on Aliexpress without any of those issues and you won't have to
look for any other alternative ecommerce site.
LRod
+1

It's basically the Chinese version of Amazon or EBay. I've ordered many times. You might get your stuff in 10 days or it might take 2 months. Shipping is slow but prices are cheap.

But I’m inclined to order razors, I don’t know how razors are

I have ordered a few times through AliExpress and it is hit and miss and the last order was a big miss and I really doubt I will order from that website again. I ordered a couple items, not shave related, back at the end of March that had an estimated arrival of around 3 weeks which I wasn't in any hurry. Well, I still haven't received it, the tracking shows it arrived in the US 2 days after I ordered, shows "customs clearance successful" about 5 days later and that's it. I had to wait until June to file a dispute even though the estimated arrival date had gone by. I did get a complete refund so that was the positive part. It may not be there fault but I don't know that but I just don't get that it shows it cleared customs which I have a feeling it didn't. I want to order a couple different Arco aftershave/colognes and when I looked earlier this year they were the only place I found them that will ship it but I can't bring myself to order it.

Last edited:

Alibaba but that is the same as AliExpress. You can try Walmart.com as I found out one of the things I bought actually came directly from China even though it said the item shipped from NY. It was actually brokered into the US via NY. It did take a few days longer than estimated but still had the item in about 10 days.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Amazon ain't much better nowadays...I placed an order and waited 90 days before filing a claim. Money was refunded no issue but I now must source elsewhere

But I’m inclined to order razors, I don’t know how razors are

The Yaqi Factory Store is good. I'd only get brushes from them though. The razors are decent quality, but they are just knockoffs that aren't much cheaper (unless you can grab them during a flash sale) than the original and not as good of quality. The Yaqi Mellon head is a star though. Baili is also decent. Several here use them or like me started with one. I can't speak for the other Chinese razors. I've seen a few guys mention DC cosmetics as being ok.

Honestly you'd be better off going with vintage than most Chinese razors. You'll often get a much better razor for less. I got a 1953 SuperSpeed off of Ebay for $6 shipped that will blow these Chinese razors away. There's plenty of cheap ones with plating loss if you're not too picky.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like using Amazon and it has quick mail service by using regular postal or couriers for larger objects, disputes are settled quickly and usually reasonable fairly IMO.
AliExpress is OK if you do not mind waiting and disputes are settled quickly IMO & fairly + prices are good for products that are hard to find anywhere else.
My $.02 worth from my experiences living up in Northern Alberta Canada using the big on-line product selling company's.

I use a lot of Chinese sites for vaping products, some take ages to arrive, some just over a week to the UK. I find AliExpress the same, some deliveries take months and some a week or two. I don't think that they are any better or worse than other sites I use.

Top Bottom