What's new

Looking for a woodsy, heavier scent like Clubman Special Reserve

Like the title says. The more I use Clubman SR, the more I love it. And the more I use it, the more I dislike a lot of lighter scents. I also hate paying a ton of money for AS and cologne. Any suggestions I might look up? I saw a bottle of English Leather for $8 and thought it might be more of what I'm looking for based on the title, but I've never smelled it. Since it's all wrapped up in a box I don't want to pull the trigger just yet.

Thanks for the help.

I like Master Challenge. It's got a nice woodsy scent to it but is not as lasting as the SR. I like to use the Challenge as my aftershave and SR as a cologne and combine the two.

I bought the $8 English Leather special at Rite Aide which included 4 various sizes of this cologne. Great value. Horrible scent, YMMV. I agree with the Brut option. Also, CVS brand Old Spice is a good choice.

I have Vijon Spice, a couple of Sandalwoods, Clubman Original and SR, and Stetson (meh on that one). Was just hoping to find something else like SR that I like as another cheaper option. I haven't heard of Canoe or Pashana. I just wish more were available locally so I could smell first.

I'm at a loss to describe anything else "like SR". I am 56 and started using most of the classic aftershaves like Old Spice, English Leather, etc. All of the 1970's era splashes. I'm new to Pinaud Special Reserve and I can't come up with anything like it. To me, if you combined English Leather and Old Spice, then through in some pipe tobacco, then poured it through a good old baseball glove you may get something like SR. SR is EL and OS on steroids. For a stronger than normal and lasting bay rum try Pinaud Virgin Island BR.

Yeah, I like Polo green and there was a gift set this Christmas, but it was $70 and I'm kinda cheap when it comes to scents. I'll just have to see what I can find. Thanks everyone.

If you like stronger scents, try any Bay Rum aftershave. The Pinaud Clubman version is the one I use, but I've heard good things about Captain's Choice and Ogallala. I have Ogallala shave soap and love the scent.

I agree with Patrick. the master Challenge is good stuff. In fact all of the Master aftershaves are good. Very reasonably priced too. Check the out. I order mine for Appleton Barber Supply.
cottontop

Try a sample of Ogallala bay rum with Sandalwood

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 153
Put your SR on while you're in the deep woods.

Seriously, I'm with SteveWY. There ain't no AS like SR, and if you want a scent kind of like it you'd better head over to the fragrance section.

I must disagree with the fougeres listed here (Brut, Canoe, Clubman Original). These are nothing like Special Reserve at all.

English Leather
Aramis A/S
Old Spice
Trumper's Spanish Leather

Some Out of Prods:
Kanon
Burley by OS

would be a bit closer

Top Bottom