What's new

Looking For A Well Built Analog Alarm Clock

Greetings Gents,
My trusty Braun alarm clock threw it in today. :sad: So, I am looking for a high quality analog alarm clock - preferably black, cherry or walnut with a cream face to match the decorum of my night stand.

The stand itself is cherry with walnut accents. On top is a classy cherry lamp with sharp lines along side my Tivoli Model Two Radio in cherry. I could replace the model two with their model three, but the clock has some very unusual quirks.

If anyone stumbles across such an item please let me know. So far my queries have been less than stellar. Thanks.

This is the closest description I've been able to find. I just can't find it on the web. The replacement doesn't need to be another Braun, just a quality analog clock with snooze.

Braun quartz AB 30 sl

Alarm clock with battery check system
Two large control buttons:
Alarm and clockface illumination
Snooze function
Swelling interval alarm tone
1x 'AA' battery power 1.5 volt mignon battery
Braun recommends Duracell Ultra M3
Colours: black

I've heard a lot of people rave about the Zen Alarm clock. Pricey, but supposedly it wakes you a lot more gently than BZZZZT BZZZZZT BZZZT BZZZZZT:

http://www.now-zen.com/ (Then click on "Zen Alarm Clock")

proxy.php

There are several options for both the finish and the face.

-Nick

Nick said:
I've heard a lot of people rave about the Zen Alarm clock. Pricey, but supposedly it wakes you a lot more gently than BZZZZT BZZZZZT BZZZT BZZZZZT:

http://www.now-zen.com/ (Then click on "Zen Alarm Clock")

proxy.php

There are several options for both the finish and the face.

-Nick
I'm on my way to their site. This is definately along the lines of what I'm looking for. Thanks Nick!

Nick,

How did you miss this one...it's got a bowl for your lather!!!

full

Oooops, I'm sorry, not analog!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't miss it, just didn't want to assault Rik's thread with a flurry of posts, but since it's just us three up at this hour.... :wink:

If you'll notice, that's actually considered the back which looks like a brass bowl atop a turdling, but the front actually looks very elegant:

proxy.php

Edited to Add: Well it certainly doesn't look that elegant when their transparent gif is placed with a light blue background....

rtaylor61 said:
I like the lines of this one:

http://www.seththomas.com/Catalog3.cfm?product_id=TRA-6503

I collect Timex Miniature Collectiables, but have never been into alarm clocks. For some reason, I hate them! However, I am into watches!

Randy
I agree it's a nice look but not quite our style. I didn't realize that seth thomas was the oldest clock maker in the country - neat.

I love both wrist and pocket watches. My wife tells me I have a watch fetish. :biggrin: I can't afford the ones that I absolutely love - swiss skeleton watches.

Nick said:
Didn't miss it, just didn't want to assault Rik's thread with a flurry of posts, but since it's just us three up at this hour.... :wink:

If you'll notice, that's actually considered the back which looks like a brass bowl atop a turdling, but the front actually looks very elegant:

proxy.php

Edited to Add: Well it certainly doesn't look that elegant when their transparent gif is placed with a light blue background....
Cool! Now if it will only have fresh hot lather waiting for me in the morning. :biggrin:

Rik,

I have a Movado watch that Chrysler gave to me. The stem broke and I took it in for repair as it was Daylight Savings Time and I couldn't adjust the watch. $125 to repair the stem. I bought a Wenger!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Rik,

I have a Movado watch that Chrysler gave to me. The stem broke and I took it in for repair as it was Daylight Savings Time and I couldn't adjust the watch. $125 to repair the stem. I bought a Wenger!

Randy
It's an expensive hobby. There's a guy in town who apprenticed in Switzerland until he received his Masters title.

He has some beautiful watches that he keeps in the back of his shop out of the public's eye unless requested to see them. Beautiful.

It's amazing the design and engineering quality and attention to detail that comes from that part of the world. My top of the line table saw looks like junk compared to the machines over there.

Rik,

It doesn't match your criteria, but I have used this clock for years, and I absolutely love it. It synchs every night to an atomic clock ( no worries about having the wrong time, DST, etc.), has large numbers, and the "snooze" feature is built into the rubber feet so you can smash anywhere on the clock to turn it off so you don't have to hunt for a small button. On sale now for like $13 - can't beat it.

Top Bottom