What's new

Looking for a Turquoise ink

Hey gents, been a while since I posted a thread here.

Anyways, I'm looking for a nice turquoise ink. Properties don't matter much to me on this one. Just looking for a nice & striking color. Preferably something I can get from a major FP website (Goulet, ISellpens, Jetpens, etc..)

Looking forward to hearing suggestions!

Ed,

I know you mentioned a major site. But take a look at Sheaffer Peacock. It is discontinued but NOS can still be had on eBay for about $10.

Also, their "replacement," Skrip Turquoise is pretty close. This is in current production.

I Love the color of the peacock. I'm sorry I don't have a writing sample for you at the moment.

Peacock Blue was awesome. I just finished that last of my stash. :a36:Thankfully, I have bottles of R&K's Blu Mare and Diamine Havasu Turquoise.

Visconti green is a green side of a turquoise colour, monteverde turquoise is the only other one i have used it works nice as well

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Noodler's Midway Blue is worth a shot!

I think it's close to Sheaffer Peacock (although I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others on that ...)

De Atramentis Midnight Blue is my favourite Turquoise - the shading is incredible. Then comes Noodler's Turquoise; it's a very well behaved ink. And finally, the too bright for daily use but pleasantly cheerful Ku-jaku.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

and out of nowhere, Boris, how are you? nice inks

Thanks for asking James! Like the phoenix from the ashes (literally), still alive and shaking!

Nowadays, my problem (for my own surprise) is to make a rotation of 20-30 inks work... And I definitely "need" a few more pens to test those (and 80 more) inks in.

I have Pelikan Turquoise and Noodlers Turqoise. I'd recommend the former as a true turquoise. The comparison tool at Goulet Pens is very helpful.

Thanks for asking James! Like the phoenix from the ashes (literally), still alive and shaving!

FTFY Great to hear, you know we can help you find some great pens and ink when your ready, post away when you do or shoot me a PM anytime if you have any questions or want to catch up, dont forget to pet the puppy for me.

De Atramentis Midnight Blue is my favourite Turquoise - the shading is incredible. Then comes Noodler's Turquoise; it's a very well behaved ink. And finally, the too bright for daily use but pleasantly cheerful Ku-jaku.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Dang, Midnight Blue looks nice! I like turquoise, but I also like dark inks. That or the Noodler's . . .

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I think I'm going track down some Sheaffer Peacock. Don't have any vintage ink in the collection, should be fun!

Top Bottom