What's new

Looking for a Summer scent

Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic is great. I just got their Gin and Tonic on the Rocks soap and a bottle of Gin and Tonic aftershave with menthol. It is just as good if not better.

Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic is great. I just got their Gin and Tonic on the Rocks soap and a bottle of Gin and Tonic aftershave with menthol. It is just as good if not better.

May have to try it. I love my MITA/Lemon Chill mix.

Island Man is nice scent but not something I reach out for given it has somewhat greasy post shave feel. I don't want high post shave moisturiser in summer time. But they seem to be making soaps regardless of season is what I have realised from couple other samples as well.

Is this the same scent as Stirling Island man?

I have both and they are very similar. A&E is a richer, warmer smell. I use it occasionally but it is something that I feel is something I would use in winter to remind me of summer.

Island Man is very light and really in my opinion is more summer feeling.

Ok, so I'm on to another endeavor...

Got Hendrix Classics & Co Southern Comfort soap last night (awesome). Already have Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise (awesome). Figure if I could find another 'southern' scent, I could make a cool summer rotation? Figure something like Florida Orange or ... I don't know. Liking the Orange idea, so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks. [emoji846]

Stirling Orange Chill seems to be a popular one. I like their Lemon Chill personally. PAA has a Dixie scent that's supposed be pretty good. Folks also like A&E L'Orange . Just some suggestions.

Ok, so I'm on to another endeavor...

Got Hendrix Classics & Co Southern Comfort soap last night (awesome). Already have Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise (awesome). Figure if I could find another 'southern' scent, I could make a cool summer rotation? Figure something like Florida Orange or ... I don't know. Liking the Orange idea, so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks. [emoji846]

A couple of suggestions not mentioned so far
1. Soap Commander Motivation (limited release) cucumber and bamboo. It’s a mild scent, but very fresh and natural smelling.
2. Caties Bubbles Le Marche du Rusage - acquatic top notes over a base of oak moss, vetiver and coumarin (according to maker).A mild, fresh, pleasant scent.

I happen to have 90% full containers of these I would be willing to part with for a discounted price. PM me if interested.
PS - If I am violating forum rules, please e cause me as it is unintentional

Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
SS Uplift

Ever time I use these I wonder why I don’t use them more often (actually I know why. I have too many soaps).

As I look at the posts in this thread you've gotten some great suggestions so far. I'm more performance first scent secondary. So, performance wise I think the very best soap that was mentioned was the Tallow & Steel Sicily that was mentioned early on.

It's a really nice citrus scent that I suspect would appeal to most everyone that tries it. It's light and easy on the nose while still being complex enough to keep it interesting.

The Sicily is not a menthol bomb or anything like that but you could easily follow your shaves with a cooling aftershave that's high in menthol or to add some menthol crystals to a teaspoon or perfumer's alcohol or even vodka and add that mixture to some of your existing aftershaves to give you a nice summer chill. So of the aftershave manufacturers like WSP and Maol Grooming will offer mentholated versions of their aftershaves.

Living in Arizona it's hot here in the summer so one summer I went through a phase where I was looking for the coldest shave I could get. I sought out the over the top menthol soaps like Stirling Glacial and I added menthol crystals to some Osage Rub to the point that my face would be ice cold for about five minutes. It's a fun experiment to do but the novelty wore off after a while.

Top Bottom