What's new

Looking for a summer fragrance

I just bought another bottle of Aqua Amara while it’s still cheap. I love your reviews! Keep them coming.

Maybe not for summer, but I love Kouros! Great scent, but quite powerful! Worth a sample for sure. Women seem to love it after it mellows on skin.

Perry Ellis 360 red for men is an ADG clone I believe. I can barely smell it, but women certainly like it. Big compliment getter as well. The sprayer is very weak and it puts out tiny volumes. Plan on 2-3 times as many sprays at least as you would normally. Very affordable.

Ok, some other updates.

Going to buy:
----------------------------
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Pour Homme - this one is outstanding. I have a sample here and I'm going to buy this one soon.

Tried and liked but maybe not enough to purchase
------------------------------------------------------------
Creed - Bois Du portugal - tried it and like it but the wife didn't like the old person vibe that she got from it.
Amouage - Lyric Man - I've tried this one and like it but prefer other rose scents over it, like MFK Lumiere Pour Homme and Le Labo Rose 31 for example.
Creed - Aventus - with all of the knock off versions of this I have a hard time buying a bottle. Outstanding cologne though. I'll likely talk myself into a decant of this one at some point.
Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver - have tried this one as well. I did like it but not sure it's a must have for me. A really nice clean fresh scent though. I think I have a sample of it that I can revisit.
CUBA Gold - smelled this yesterday and for the six bucks it costs it's a steal. I held back because I don't want to accumulate a lot of stuff I don't absolutely love, but I may go back and pick it up. Pretty decent.
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza - tried a sample and it lasted only a few hours on my skin. Too bad as I did like the scent.

Tried it and not for me
----------------------------
Nautica Voyage - I had a bottle of this and PIF'd it as it wasn't for me.

Want to try
---------------
Taylor's - Victorian Limes
Creed - Virgin Island Water
Tommy Bahama St. Bart's set sail for Men
- This one seems to get a lot of praise so I might have to visit it.
L'Occitane's Cedrat - will find the next time I'm in a L'Occitane store or the next tine I reorder their Cade balm.

Skipping for other reasons
---------------------------------
Azzaro - Chrome - skipping as someone close to me wears this exclusively.
Azzaro - Chrome United - I realize it's different enough from Chrome but I'm kinda looking for more niche fragrances as well as opposed to dept store ones.
Bulgari Aqva Amara - being discontinued makes this one difficult but it seems to be well liked. I found a sample for $14 and a bottle for slightly more. Don't really want a $14 sample of a $30 cologne. Still tempted on this one though.

Still researching
--------------------
Perry Ellis 360 red for men - have seen good reviews on this.
Mugler Cologne - This is one I haven't tried but would like to. I'll find a sample of it and give it a try.
Ferrari Bright Neroli
Kouros
Cologne Indelebile
Havana
New West
Ambre Sultan

So that's where I'm at so far if anyone who made a suggestion was curious.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Pour Homme - I bought this one last Winter based on something I read by @DEdestroyer77. I really like this one too.
Amouage - Lyric Man - Same as above. This might be my favorite Amouage at this point.
Creed - Bois Du Portugal - I like this one and own a FB, but it seems a bit too formal for me and I'm pretty much all casual all the time.
Creed - Aventus - I scored a 120ml bottle from @DEdestroyer77 off the B/S/T. Once I had this, CDNI Man became shelfware and I recently gave the bottle to a 13 y.o. who is just getting into frags.
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza - Completely agree with your assessment. This is so nice though that it would be worth putting some in a small atomizer to keep in your pocket so you could reply as needed.
Creed - Virgin Island Water - Summer at the beach in a bottle. The biggest issue with one for me is its performance.
L'Occitane Cedrat - Great citrus scent but like most citrus scents the scent just doesn't last.
Bulgari Aqva Amara - I really like this one and is currently the only citrus frag that I own that actually has some legs when it comes to longevity.
Ferrari Bright Neroli - This one has pretty good performance too and if you can find it under $40 grab it. While I'm on the subject of Ferrari frags check out Radiant Bergamot. This is another cheapie to get if you can find it under $40. I picked this up from FragranceX for less than $30. It's currently out of stock but if you sign up for notification you should be able to score this one on the cheap.
Kouros - I have the original version of this one, bottle with the chrome shoulder and base. I think it lives up to all the hype and really glad I took the chance on a blind buy. I do not know what the current version smells like, but you can find vintage bottles on eBay at a reasonable price if you look long enough.

Nobody has mentioned my king of summer......Histoires de Parfums 1899! All hail the king

Millesime Imperial is good too, And Aqua di Gio Profumo

The Mancera Cedrat Boise is an excellent summer scent and exactly what I was looking for but I'm enjoying this so I'm still trying some new ones.

I've tried several more like Creed Silver Mountain Water and Creed Viking. Both I enjoyed but the scents either didn't last on me or I stopped noticing them rather quickly. Worth considering but longevity is a factor and if I'm going to spend that much on a cologne I want to smell it too.

Just bought a bottle of Histoires de Parfums 1899 after trying a sample of it. Really nice fragrance that was described to me as the Baker Street scent with a bit of citrus. Not a bad description and it works quite well for me. Starts out with a bit of pepper, which I don't care for, but the pepper fades quickly after about ten minutes and what I'm left with I really like a lot. The Bergamot and Juniper are really nice as I tend to like anything Bergamot. Was described as a smoother more refined version of Spicebomb as it's a bit more vanilla like taking away the sharpness of the cheaper more synthetic Spicebomb version.

The scent lasts on me for the entire day as well so high marks there. I see this as more of a year round scent, especially here in Arizona, and it's easy enough to wear during the day or sophisticated enough for an evening out.

Try Heeley Sel Marin.

On the expensive side but I practically stopped using Erolfa, Millesime Imperial and AdP Colonia and never looked back.

Try Heeley Sel Marin.

On the expensive side but I practically stopped using Erolfa, Millesime Imperial and AdP Colonia and never looked back.

This one sounds good to me from reading some reviews. Not something that I found at any of the discount fragrance sites. Still price is not too far off from some of the others I've been looking at. Concerns are longevity and sillage. I'll have to find a sample of this one first.

This one sounds good to me from reading some reviews. Not something that I found at any of the discount fragrance sites. Still price is not too far off from some of the others I've been looking at. Concerns are longevity and sillage. I'll have to find a sample of this one first.

Do give it a try, it's literally sea in a bottle.

If you want sillage and longevity taken care of, though, I'd say go with Legno di Nave by AbdesSalaam.
Better suited for a night out than a stroll down the beach, though.

Top Bottom