What's new

Looking for a strong long lasting Bay-Rum cologne

Any thoughts? I prefer something as natural as possible, and the BEST out there, something I can put at 9am, and still feel it at 5pm :)

I love Ogallala as well. For me, the Bay Rum is great. It has what I would call a bit of a smokey scent to it. It had to grow on me, like it a ton now. As much as I like that, their Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns is even better IMO. Both have great longevity (all day for me) and have nice nourishing properties. They also have a Bay Rum Sandwlwood, but it smelled too sweet for my tastes. I suggest veto g the sample pack for Maggard or elsewhere.

Update - my apologies, just noticed that you asked about cologne. My comments are related to their aftershaves. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited:
I too was ready to recommend Ogallala as a long lasting bay rum.
Ogallala as an aftershave is quite long lasting.
Ogallala also makes a cologne. AND, depending on the vendor, you can also order the double strength cologne. :thumbup:
As always, YMMV, especially depending on your skin chemistry.

I do not think the true scent of bay trees, pimenta racemosa, is going to last all that long no matter what. Most bay rums have other scents in them, such as cloves and cinnamon that last longer and have similarities to the real bay leaf smell. Not similar enough for my purposes but YMMV.

Providence Perfume Bay Rum.
proxy.php

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The only Bay Rum cologne I've ever tried is C.O. Bigelow. It smells great and the longevity is fair, but not great. I would recommend Ogallala Double Strength aftershave. It lasts all day. I didn't care for the Ogallala cologne. I received a sample of it and wasn't impressed with the scent. To my nose it was very different from the aftershave.

Top Bottom