What's new

Looking for a recommendation

I noticed that my brother in law was using a shaving brush and soap rather than some canned goop. I think he uses some multi bladed monster.
So I volunteered to upgrade :Veg: his razor to be one from his birth year, 1954.
And I was thinking of a Gillette tech if possible since it is also one of my favorites. I think that it paired with a Feather blade is pretty much unbeatable.
Any suggestions ? Oh yeah, I am flexible as to prices.
Is it possible to find a 54 tech ?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
The 1954 razors (TTO & Techs) have a "Z" on them. If you search on everyone's favorite auction site, you can see multiples in various conditions and prices. You could also get him a 1954 Gillette "President" twist-to-open -- but I'm not sure how much you want to ingratiate yourself to your inlaws. The twist-to-open (TTO) razors may be less intimidating to him, and you can find a 1954 without going the "President" route. Also, there is typically a number along with the razor letter, which indicates the quarter the razor was manufactured. So if your brother in law was born in February of 1954, you want a Z1 -- if he was born in November, then a Z4. Hope this helps, and let us know what you decide on.

The 1954 razors (TTO & Techs) have a "Z" on them. If you search on everyone's favorite auction site, you can see multiples in various conditions and prices. You could also get him a 1954 Gillette "President" twist-to-open -- but I'm not sure how much you want to ingratiate yourself to your inlaws. The twist-to-open (TTO) razors may be less intimidating to him, and you can find a 1954 without going the "President" route. Also, there is typically a number along with the razor letter, which indicates the quarter the razor was manufactured. So if your brother in law was born in February of 1954, you want a Z1 -- if he was born in November, then a Z4. Hope this helps, and let us know what you decide on.

+1! This ^^

Top Bottom