What's new

Looking for a razor similar to Rockwell 6c (plate 4) that covers blade tabs

Nav is spot on. Get the Yates. And for kicks get the combo package with both M and H plates. They have the polished in stock.

The Yaqi Adjustable dialed down all the way might be an option. Similar aggressiveness, for me very close shaves.
If you don't mind a bit blade feel the lupo 58 might be good. The Gamechanger 68 is a bit milder, the 84 baseplate much more than your requested level.

Greetings! So after months of experimenting and acquiring more razors (as well as blades, brushes, etc.), I have come to a conclusion that nothing shaves better (for me) than a Rockwell 6c with plate 4. It's just... effortless. I don't have to think about angles, amount of applied pressure, or any other bollocks. I don't know whether it's the geometry of the head or something else but it consistently delivers the best shaves without putting much (or any) thought into it. So why all the fuss, you ask? Well, I would happily call it my "Holy Grail" razor except that I'm not too fond of its aesthetics. In fact, I absolutely HATE it that the blade tabs are not fully covered. It makes it (or any other razor for that matter) look cheap, IMHO. So I'm sort of on a quest to find another razor that is similar to Rockwell 6c (4) in terms of shaving comfort, efficiency, etc. but that covers blade tabs (I almost pulled a trigger on the Timeless .68 not too long ago only to realize that it does not adhere to this requirement). My personal preference is polished stainless steel (don't care for aluminum, brass, or matte finish). Budget... let's say $300. Many thanks in advance. P.S. I know Rockwell T2 is not SS but would be interested in opinions on how it compares to 6C/S.

NOTE: I have tried RR GC .84-P but it was a bit much for me. I had to be very careful with it or else I'd get nicked. Same goes for Alpha Outlaw with an M plate. Beautiful looking razor (especially given the price point) but it left my skin irritated and with multiple nicks every time I used it. I have GC .68-P head on order and arriving soon as I'm curious whether that'll be closer to my liking. Also, I picked up G&F Timor Gentle Shaver, and I have to say that even though it's on the cheap side and I don't care for the original handle (too light, short, and skinny so I swapped it with one from RR MJ-90A which I don't use due to its harshness), it actually looks nice and gives me a decent shave, albeit not as smooth and efficient as 6C.
Did you ever get anything?
Just found your thread and wanted to tell you that I just received my Windsor from ATT.
I got the USA made one in brushed matte with the SSRH .80 plate and Kronos handle. I think this razor would cover everything you want.
It's fantastic and well worth the cost.

Did you ever get anything?
Just found your thread and wanted to tell you that I just received my Windsor from ATT.
I got the USA made one in brushed matte with the SSRH .80 plate and Kronos handle. I think this razor would cover everything you want.
It's fantastic and well worth the cost.
No, I never really got anything. Well, I did get the .68 plate for my RR GameChanger. And I quite like it. It's probably now my 2nd favorite razor after ... yes, my trusty Rockwell. But those exposed blade tabs really do bother me so I turn to RR more and more these days. I looked at ATT's but I'm not sure about .80 gap though. It's probably a bit much for me. One of the reasons I got .68 GC plate was because I couldn't quite handle .84 without nicking myself if I wasn't too careful. For the longest time I had an ATT Windsor with SSR1 (.58) plate on eBay watch. Not sure why but I never pulled the trigger, and now it is sold. I may give ATT a try in the future though. Yates is another one I'd like to give a shot but I'm very particular in that it has to be polished SS. I just don't care for the looks of the other ones.

No, I never really got anything. Well, I did get the .68 plate for my RR GameChanger. And I quite like it. It's probably now my 2nd favorite razor after ... yes, my trusty Rockwell. But those exposed blade tabs really do bother me so I turn to RR more and more these days. I looked at ATT's but I'm not sure about .80 gap though. It's probably a bit much for me. One of the reasons I got .68 GC plate was because I couldn't quite handle .84 without nicking myself if I wasn't too careful. For the longest time I had an ATT Windsor with SSR1 (.58) plate on eBay watch. Not sure why but I never pulled the trigger, and now it is sold. I may give ATT a try in the future though. Yates is another one I'd like to give a shot but I'm very particular in that it has to be polished SS. I just don't care for the looks of the other ones.
One important thing about the ATT:
it's blade exposure is 1mm., which is minimal positive exposure. So it's not as agressive as it sounds (at least not for me). And remember that they also offer it with a .40 blade gap bottom plate. And one last thing, they have a 90 buy & try period!

Top Bottom