What's new

Looking for a quality blender

I want a quality heavy duty one to make protein smoothies and vegetable drinks. Saw a Blendtec refurb on Amazon for $229(comes with 3 year warranty). Do you guys have any experience with that brand or can recommend me one?
Also considering a Vitamix but cant find one for the price of the Blendtec. My mom and sister had a ninja and they did not recommend it. So probably not gonna go that route even though there's tons of good reviews on amazon.

After a rough start, I am now a happy owner of a Vitamix Professional Series 750 Heritage blender.
This is my first and only blender so I cannot compare it with others. I can tell you that I have been using it daily, several times a day, and it is a beast.

I would definitely recommend a Vitamix.

This interests me because I just used my Kitchenaid blender to make Tahini sauce and it had a terrible time getting the toasted sesame seed ground down into sesame butter so to speak. BTW, does Tahini typically contain olive oil or just ground sesame? Every recipe I found suggested up to 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with the seeds. I did not do this since I wanted a more pure sesame butter. I did finally add about a half Tablespoon of very light olive oil to get it to come together. I didn't think that should be necessary with the sesame seeds already containing sesame oil. If I would have had sesame oil on hand I would have used it instead. Thanks. As you can tell I want a very good blender.

how about a coffee grinder?
Btw, I'm pretty sure you find sesame oil at any asian market (you might find sesame paste as well, already made)

I want a quality heavy duty one to make protein smoothies and vegetable drinks. Saw a Blendtec refurb on Amazon for $229(comes with 3 year warranty). Do you guys have any experience with that brand or can recommend me one?
Also considering a Vitamix but cant find one for the price of the Blendtec. My mom and sister had a ninja and they did not recommend it. So probably not gonna go that route even though there's tons of good reviews on amazon.

You get what you pay for, im cheaper than dirt, but i got a vitamix pro, and never regretted it. I have used others but they dont make smoothies very well, if you want chunky drinks go cheaper, if you want to keep something for years and make fully blended drinks , get a vitamix. I blend kale , spinach and strawberries every day, aside from the bits on the top or side, it comes out smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no complaints about my Blendtec. It makes great iPhone smoothies. I'd go for the Vitamix if cost were no concern, though.

I think Vitamix is about the very best blender you're going to find, but then again they are not cheap.

I was going to suck it up and buy one a while back but I went to Kohl's with the wife. She had tons Kohl's cash as well as a coupon for like 30 or 40 percent off. All said and done I walked out of the store with the top of the line Ninja blender at a really nice discount. Still fairly expensive but not nearly what I was going to spend on a Vitamix. I know you said not to recommend the Ninja blenders as some of your family had a bad experience with them, but I suspect it depends on which one you buy since you can get one for $50 or another for $350. The one I bought is supposed to be their competitor to the the Vitamix blender and I can tell you the thing is an absolute beast. The kitchen lights dim every time I start it up as I suspect the motor could likely power a small automobile. I've had it a couple years now and it's taken everything I've thrown at it in stride. By far the very best blender I've ever owned.

Another vote for Vitamix. I was very skeptical, especially that the extra $$$ makes a difference.

It does.

I'm too poor to buy cheap.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This interests me because I just used my Kitchenaid blender to make Tahini sauce and it had a terrible time getting the toasted sesame seed ground down into sesame butter so to speak. BTW, does Tahini typically contain olive oil or just ground sesame? Every recipe I found suggested up to 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with the seeds. I did not do this since I wanted a more pure sesame butter. I did finally add about a half Tablespoon of very light olive oil to get it to come together. I didn't think that should be necessary with the sesame seeds already containing sesame oil. If I would have had sesame oil on hand I would have used it instead. Thanks. As you can tell I want a very good blender.

Yeah olive oil is good. Now depending what you are doing with Tahini you probably dilute it down with lemon/lime or add it to chickpeas to make hummus. A little water won't kill you and may spare the motor on your blender or food processor a bit.

Thanks Mike. Indeed, Hummus is what I was making. The food processor took care of the cooked chickpeas with ease but the blade is not close enough to the bottom of the container to grind something as small as sesame seeds. It is also a KitchenAid and while it has been okay, I can readily see why most dedicated chefs switch over to the Quisinart models after awhile. The blades set closer to the bottom but most online recipes call for using a blender for the Tahini itself and I can see why. You need something that keeps the seed concentrated around the blades. The KA worked but took awhile. I did combine all the ingredients in the food processor later.

And yeah, the Hummus was good. Chickpeas, lemon, Tahini, salt. No garlic, no nothing else. Very good.

Vitamix is a good blender. I had one and my daughter has confiscated it. I replaced it with a KitchenAid, but I got the commercial model. Also a super blender at a much more reasonable price and refurbs are usually available from KitchenAid's website...at least they were because that's how I got mine.

Vitamix 5200 with dry container as well. Ten years, best smoothies ever! My Classic Waring Commercial blender, gathering space in the cabinet. Bought a complete 5200 package for my nephew's wedding last year. He could not be happier. Amortize the dollars spent over many years and many smoothies, soups, purees and dishes you can prepare and the Vitamix is the way to go.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I decided to go with the Blendtec after watching comparison videos/reviews on youtube. It seems on par with the Vitamix and was quite a bit cheaper. I bought it from amazon and it arrived today. Broke it in with a carrot, fresh ginger root and lime smoothie. It was great...can see myself getting in more fruits and veggies this way.

Blender sounds like a jet engine though.

Top Bottom